Lump in Throat feeling

Posted , 5 users are following.

Wondering if you have the lump in throat feeling also referred to Globus, how many of you also suffer from TMJ, anxiety.  Im trying to see if there may be a link between the two.

I find the sensation goes away when I take anti anxiety med like xanax or throat nubming spray or numbing logenzes for soar throat.  It gives a little relief during the day if it strikes.     

Thanks

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello, my doctor says it absolutely has to do with my anxiety... I find it so hard to believe. I think that's my own reluctance because I feel like the crazy lady who's making up stuff in her head. My doctor said "why are you being so judgmental towards yourself, you would never be this way towards anyone else" and that's true.. I only feel sympathy towards the other people dealing with both anxiety and The Sensation... you'll have to forgive me I've begun to capitalize it because it has taken up so much of my attention lately.

It is such a very very physical sensation and it seems to me like it should just go away if I'm not feeling anxious but it is with me all the time. I have not tried taking any anti-anxiety medication.. I take beta-blockers for my anxiety and those do not seem to affect it one way or the other.

Wish I had more information but all I have is my own experience.

• Posted

try watching some of the stretch videos on youtube.  I also found doing some yoga helped me.  Walking.  What ever helps you to calm down do it on a regular basis.  Xanax is great too but you have to use it cautiously because it can be addictive.  

Good Luck

• Posted

It is highly addictive and i dont believe we should treat ourselves with it. It seems to me treating globus sensation with anxiety drug is like treating alcoholism..with opiates. Of course it gives relief, but what have we brought upon ourselves?
  • Posted

Hi, what's tmj? I've tried numbing lozenges, numbing spray, nasal rinse and a few anxiety meds, they won't prescrib xanax here it's impossible to get any. I had this 23 years ago afterthe birth of my son. I nnever imagined it to come back all these years later. Seen a psychiatrist for last three weeks tried different anti anxiety meds, none worked now he's telling me I have to try to accept it. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. All the best anyway.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.