Lump in throat Sensation! HELP!!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just turned 20 years, I just decided  I was going to quit smoking cigarettes, I have smoked 1 1/2 years no more than 6-7 cigs a day. I don't work I am a homemaker no kids either. I have a lump sensation in my throat and it also feels swollen I have thrown up 2 times and it has gone away. It really only starts to bother me at night when I get ready for bed, I have made my boyfriend stay up until I go to sleep seeing how it has me scared. It also seems to be triggered by anxiety. I have taken Benadryle, Clartin, Acid Ruducer, Cough Medicine, Cold and Flu Medicine, and Nasal Spray. I don't know what to do, I don't want to go to the doctor seeing how I am scared as can be and don't want anything to be serisouly wrong with myself. I also want to go to see what is going on with me. I have talked to both of my parents to see is they have had anything like this happen to them. They said no. My mom has Thyroid problems and I think that it maybe apart of my thyroid but she doesn't think so. I have gained at least 15-20 lbs more than i have ever weighed before, that could be a major part! Please help me out!

Very concerened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I forgot to mention, It does NOT HURT, it just makes me feel as there is a discomfort in my throat. It is below my Adams Apple!
  • Posted

You should certainly quit smoking regardless of your current health concerns. Anexiety and fear does contribute, at least in my case, but it goes away soon after I calm myself down, so try to pay attention if it comes and goes with stress/anexiety. There's no harm seeing a doctor and getting tests done, at least you'll be able to clear your mind, it might turn out to be nothing serious.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.