Lump on my neck

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ive suddenly spotted a lump on my neck and its really bugging me.. It hurts and seems bigger when i turn my neck to other way what could it be

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

what happened?  what tests were ordered?  other symptoms?  Could be: swolen lymph node(s). ..... your age?  time/duration of pain?  thyroid test? etc.  Do you have neck problems in general, like degnerative disc disease, osteoarthritis, goiter, thyroid,  are you a smoker (I am).  does your pain get worse as day goes on?  what kind of MD are you seeing for this?
    • Posted

Just noticed it today.. Hurts when i press ot.. Im 26.. No neck pains in general and not a smoker too.
    • Posted

Hi Rahela, I'm 66;  diagnosed with MRI  1) "minimal anterolisthesis at C7"

2) "moderate right facet joint anthropathy"  3) "mild to moderate bilateral facet joint anthropathy and minimal diffuse disc bulge"  4) severe left facet arthropathy but no spinal canal or neural foraminal stenosis..."  5)  "No spinal canal or neural foraminal stenosis"  6)  "mild right neural foraminal stenosis from uncovertebral srthropathy"  what does "uncovertebral" mean here?  7)  "severe right facet arthropathy resulting in moderate to severe right neural foraminal stenosis"  8)  "small noncompressive central disc protusion"       (my numbers also refer to C2 through T1-2)  Do you know what this means  (I already knew about arthritis -- arthropathy  -- "disease of man"

• Posted

I'm 66 with pain and lumps on left side of neck.  I do have arthritis in the cervical (neck) spine and an old-age thing called degenerative disc disease, .... Recently I have lumps or swelling of left neck.  I am afraid of the epidural shot into my neck  (into spinal canal??) because I'm not convinced that cervical stenosis or degnerative disc disease are the cause of slweeling and such pain.  Anyone w/ such experience?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.