lung cancer

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have my mum living with me she has stage 4 cancer how do u know when there health starts to go downhill she was given 3-6mnths 12max i have a suspision it has but im not sure

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I think you're best bet would be to get in touch with Macmillan Cancer Care. They have a freephone helpline you can ring with any questions

0808 808 00 00. It's open mon-fri 9am-8pm.

They don't just help people with cancer, they help their families too, so if you want to talk about what's going on, give them a call.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

My reletive as fourth stage cancer :

1>Maligrant paraganglioma o neck with lung mets (Stage 4)

2> Paraganglioma pt neck wit lung mets 

I just want to know te exact treatment for the same?,Whether any surgery is possible or not ?

• Posted

I took care of my good friend and my mom both before they passed away from lung diseases that included lung cancer.  It was different with each of them.  They both became more tired and week and had less of an appetite the closer to the end.  However, my friend had more trouble with his bowels at the end (hard stools but with an urgency to go).  My mom had a complete loss of appetite and seemed to drift further into her own little world.  In both cases the end seemed very sudden to me.  I myself have COPD lung disease and have noticed that each stage is a sudden change seemingly to happen over night or at the very least in just a few short days...re: weaker and more tired, more mucous and harder to breath, able to do a lot less into each stage, coughing and mucous changes.  In any of their cases or mine it seems that not long after your finally in acceptance and at a new routine and growing comfortable with the stage that it soon jumps into the next stage.  I'm sorry but, it has been my experience that you can never be fully prepared and ready for it all.  Whether they are sick for weeks or years the end always seems to be or at least feel very sudden.  All you can do is try to make the time with them and for them the most comfortable, helpful, safe, and loving that you can.  If it is at all possible, get help with it all...don't do it all alone.  Talk to the doctors, hospice, cancer centers, friends, family, social/family services, everyone you can for help and advice to lean on and talk with.  God be with you and your mum.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.