Lung Cancer ..leg cramps!

Posted , 2 users are following.

My father was recently diagnosed w lung cancer. He is ready for the challenge and is trying to get his body ready for the fight but Unfortunately he has developed these constant leg cramps in the back of his right thigh. We know that he is not dehydrated and he has had a X-ray and a ultrasound done that have revealed nothing. The pain is so intense that he is having trouble eating which is a problem as we are trying to get him ready for his upcoming battle.

If anyone knows anything that might help PLEASE let me know. This is sooooo hard to watch the man I adore in so much pain!! Thank you and God bless

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello James. Very sorry to hear about Dad, and pray that he will beat it real soon.

I know magnesium is good for cramp. It's found in green leafy veg., beetroot, corn, banana, apple, coconut water, yoghurt, baked beans, millet, brown pasta, nuts, pumpkin seeds, pulses like kidney beans and lentils, brown rice, potatoes, wholemeal bread and dried fruit like figs. Calcium foods are needed too. But please get his Dr.'s advice first in case of any contraindications. Suitable exercises, gentle massages and suitable stretching can all help increase the blood flow. Again best to talk to an expert first as to what may be best in Dad's situation.

May I also recommend an excellent cancer magazine that I saw in the library recently. It's called Icon which I think comes out every several months. It contains all the latest research and loads of info. on diet.

Wish Dad and your family all the best. God bless too X

• Posted

Thank you so much for replying to this post. I bought him some magnesium pills and we've been trying to ice it. He has found some relief in using Tylenol Arthritis. Today we meet w his new doctor and hopefully we can get him admitted.

Thanks again for ur advice and well wishes!

• Posted

Me again! Just remembered something I had read about and worth bearing in mind: Smokers should not take in large doses of beta-carotene (an alternative form of vitamin A) as it can increase the risk of lung cancer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.