Lupus Questions

Posted , 2 users are following.

Can any of you who have been diagnosed with Lupus tell me how you were diagnosed & what your symptoms are. Mine are dry mouth, dry eyes, dry lips that split on each end if I don't keep something on them (I use Biotene products), sores in my mouth, tongue sticks to roof of mouth (I'm on civimeline which helps some), weakness in arms & legs, fatigue, chronic dry cough, low grade fevers on & off every day (from 99 to 101.3). My knuckles are always very red, elbows & knees are always red, sometimes my toes are red, I have a light rash on my face but it is not a complete butterfly, it's red  under my eyes & the right side of my cheek. I have degenerative arthritis & Osteoporosis & I ache all over most days. I'm on Prednisone 10 mg - one every night. I appreciate your help. Thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi - this is celia80432. I'm sorry - I'm also on Plaquenil 100 mg every other night. The doctor prescribed it this way because when I began taking the whole 200 mg it made me vomit. I will be trying to work up eventually to 200 mg every other day & then hopefully to every day. (I take it with food & Zofran (for nausea). Thanks!
  • Posted

Hi I've been tested for lupus and haven't got my results yet.. But I have been investigating my systems with diseases, I know that lupus and rheumatoid and sjogren's syndrome are all connected and can bring one or the other on.. Sounds like sjogren's to me.. Hope this helps you.
    • Posted

Hi Mary, thanks for responding. I'm just now seeing it today. Have you gotten your diagnosis yet? Would you mind telling me what your symptoms are? I appreciate it.

Also, if there is anyone else who has been diagnosed with Lupus, please tell me your symptoms & how you were diagnosed. Thanks so much.

• Posted

My Ana test came back positive and so did my c4, getting test done for sjogren's and I guess going from there, my symptoms are insomnia, fatigue,legs hurting, twitches,spasms. Skin burning sometimes, dry mouth, dry eyes. Joints hurt, I can go on and on.
    • Posted

Hi Mary, thanks for your response. Do they have you on any medication yet? How are they testing you for Sjogrens? My friend had his bottom lip biopsied & that showed Sjogrens. I'm on Plaquenil & Prednisone. It is only helping a little, but I'm not at maximum dosage yet. Do you have low grade fevers (between 99 - 101.2) & sweats? Do you have have a chronic dry cough or have you had any loss of hair or a change in the texture of your hair?  I have those & they are symptoms of Lupus also. I don't have burning skin but I do have some spasms. Thanks for your help.

i hope you start feeling better soon!

Celia

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.