Lychen planus on the anal region

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with lychen planus, biopsy.

As I have progessed through lychen planus in this area is unbelievable in pain. My diet is mainly soft foods, softeners actually have the opposite effect due to stomach acid.

Bleeding does happen since the anus is surrounded by a mucus membrane which is the lychen planus gateway.

I have been to the pain psychological person. There is really no real way to get the pain and discomfort and such to end without surgery and a poop bag being attached. So that is where I am at, sometimes soaking in a very hot water tub.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Also have had a cerebral brain infarction, which does cause a change in the brain which triggers the system which provide protection from colds ,can't think of the correct word emuin system so it starts with me there.

The idea of what the pain feels like, is described as obviously the most sensitive skin area with a thousand little paper cuts with lemon juice and heart beats being felt all at once, now all the time. Before it was here and there, now all the time. I am going to be honest, smoking weed does help you with the discomfort, though the feeling of being high is different than what you think.

• Posted

Hi Patrick, I am really sorry to hear how you are. When I am feeling inflammed I often eat oatmeal, I find it really soothing as well as neutral in my digestion. I hope you can get on top of your symptoms .smile

• Posted

I have just been diagnosed with Lichen Planus in my vaginal area and anal area.

You described it perfectly, so freaking painful. One of the six gynecologists I saw prescribed a compounded cream with

6% gabapentin 2%baclofen 2% amitryptolin. It does help with the pain.

Going to try doing the autoimmune diet next to see if it helps.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi Nancy,  I have erosive oral lichen planus and believe that its may have migrated to the anal area as the pain on passing a motion is unbelievable.  You have mentioned an autoimmune diet.  Can you please point me in its direction.  Thanks.

• Posted

Oh ouch Patrick! I feel bad for you. I hope somehow you find some relief. Sorry I can't be of any help.

• Posted

I'm so sorry Patrick. I am replying to this as I soak in the tub. I add Epsom salt to help. Also, a week ago I was given two kenalog shots to help with pain. Sadly, it hasn't. Just got to keep going and moving forward to find relief.

• Posted

Hi

Im recently diagnosed with LP of the mouth esophagus vulva scalp skin under my breast and my anus ( I totaly agree out of all the places that I have the LP the anus was the worst, felt like wiping your bottom with razor blades !!)

And for the last 3 years I've been plagued with water infections and bowel pain

Both of which are now bein attributed to the LP

I'm 4 weeks

into a 6 week course of prednisolone steroids

And was given a steroid cream for my vulva and anus

It was like magic ! 5 days and my anus was fine

The rest are taking longer but all are improving

I hope this can be of help to you too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.