Lyme rash?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Two weeks ago I noticed a small sewing pin head size red mark on my arm, no itching. A week later it's growing, pharmacist said to see doctor. 2 days later it's size of 50p clearing in the middle, raised edges, blister like appearance, no itching. Nurse practitioner gave me erythromycin and diprobase cream. Worrying after googling Lyme after family suggested it, I saw GP on Sat. who wasn't convinced but gave me doxycycline 100mg one a day for 3 week and daktacort in case it's a fungal infection. Any ideas, comments welcome thank you

I'm going to try and send photo

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Monday 10th
    • Posted

it stopped growing after Thursday when I started antibiotics and is now flaking a little from the centre outwards but that may be the daktacort ointment? 

I'm a little confused and concerned thanks

• Posted

Hi Maisie, I would suggest that's not a 'classic' Lyme rash but I'm glad you're starting on the doxycycline anyway because I also didn't have the classic rash and later tested strongly positive for Lyme. Make sure you finish the course of antibx and keep us posted on how you're feeling.

• Posted

Hi, thank you for your response. Do you think the 100mg doxy once a day is enough? 
    • Posted

I wouldn't know I'm afraid. Is that the 'standard' dose? I guess it very much depends on height/build but I would stick with whatever your GP has given you. It sounds like at least he/she is on the same page as you re. the possibility of Lyme which, believe me, is pretty rare! 

• Posted

Thank you that's good to know.. I don't recall a bite and not been in long grasses, just garden with fruit trees in Spain, so in my heart I don't believe it's Lyme. But I understand better to be safe. I'm a little itchy tickly on my face, shoulders and lower legs. Thinking thats the antibiotic so don't really want anything stronger. Thanks again

• Posted

Hi. The rash is going paler day by day but is still there and getting sensitive and itchy. I've seen two doctors now and neither are convinced its Lyme, they say it's very rare!!?

I've been given daktacort with miconazole and thinking this is causing the irritation.

I'm feeling tickly itchy all over my body and don't know if this is the doxy?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.