M.E Symptoms?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, Could people on here please give me their advice.

A GP suggested in the past i may have M.E. I had a blood test almost two months ago as i was feeling tired and they checked for iron levels but it came back normal.

I do have other symptoms such as feeling very tired after walking or exercise the next day or a few days later, i get confused and lose concentration like i'm in a haze, my body temperature doesn't regulate itself too well, in the sense i get extreme heat throughout me even when it's cold.

Overall, i don't feel my energy is the same as what it was when i was younger or even a few years ago. My glands seem to swell up around my neck every so often and i just seem to get this feeling not every day but every other day that i feel weak and as if i'm in a trance and can't fully co-ordinate.

The thing is now i've moved to a different area, i have to explain this to the new GP who i've only seen once and that was for the blood test as i said i felt tired. I don't know how to approach this with her and if she'll take it serious? I have social anxiety and an autism spectrum disorder as well. I just don't want them to fob me off. Thanks.If you could message me back i would be grateful.

Thanks.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Angela: Can you get your former GP to send you a letter summarizing his findings about possible ME/CFS? Then you could show this letter to your new GP. It does sound like you have this illness, but first you need a complete blood panel to rule out other illnesses. Aside from the letter, you could also go to a site that gives symptoms of this illness, and print out those symptoms to show your new GP. You could circle the symptoms that you have. One such site is the "solve me/cfs initiative" site. The CDC site probably also has this information. The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) is a government entity here in the U.S., and so is very well respected.

• Posted

Just noticed all these strange numbers and markings at the end of my post. I hope moderators fix this. Very strange.
  • Posted

Your previous GP should have put in your notes that ME was suspected so you should be able to raise it with her without worry as she will have access to your previous notes. 

Remember that you only get a diagnosis of ME when everything out is ruled out so it takes a while. EVen when you do get, so what, to put it bluntly there is very little help. 

I am now recovered, how did I do it, all by myself by doing pacing. 

Best of luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.