Maca root

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all.

I was diagnosed with PAF in January this year, my episodes around that time were horrendous and dibilitating. I do have Flecanide prescribed as a pill in the pocket approach for when I get these episodes. I am only 45 and female.

Someone told me about Maca root as a herbal supplement for pre menopause symptoms. Apparently it helps with hormonal palpitations, tiredness and other nasty side affects us ladies get, and so I bought it.

I am almost to frightened to type this in case I tempt fate, but wow! I feel like a new woman. I have not had a PAF episode since June and I have to admit I have heaps more energy.

I am unaware of any research in to the benefits of Maca root with AF but for me the troublesome palpitations have dramatically reduced and I only get a flutter now and then which is copable.

Just wanted to share this smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mazza. That sounds very interesting. What form does It come in and where can you get it? Robyn
    • Posted

Hi, I use capsule form, my friend uses liquid form and she swears by that as it's pure and works faster. I will most likely try that next. Never felt better smile
  • Posted

I would be very carefull when mixing meds and homiopathic meds. Even though it's a root, It could be detrimental to the effect of the persribed meds. Do you research, use the internet and the information that came with your meds, before you start anything new, including herbs. 
    • Posted

Hi Kristi... I am a Nurse first and foremost so pretty much know about drugs and interractions. I also ran it via my Cardio consultant who was absolutely fine with it, he said so long as it is making me feel good to continue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.