Macular degeneration

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi, my hubby has been diagnosed with the start of macular D and I'm trying to buy the best tablets to stop it getting worse.  I'm in the UK so any recommendations as to what works and what doesn't plus best value for money, though you can't put a price on sight!  I've bought Retinex but I'm not sure the pills are strong enough? Thanks

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have dry ARMD and have been recommended MacuShield Gold. Try to get them on prescription first. They cost approx. £40 per month to buy at chemist.

• Posted

I was diagnosed early dry AMD and early Glaucoma in Oct, 2015 when I went for a normal check up of my eyes. I was prescribed 4 eye drops one after the other. Some did not suit me. Hence finally I am using Travatan once a day and Azopt twice a day for the last about 8 months. My IOP remains Rt eye 18-19, Lt eye 15-16.

Now about dry AMD. Some eye vitamins as available here in Pakistan are being prescribed by the Docs. I am also using another herbal product. What I like to know from you is that how can you assess the results of Macushield Gold which you are using.

As for my eye sight, I am using the same glasses as prescribed 3 years back. My eye sight was quite reasonable when I was diagnosed and it is also almost the same even now. My AMD remains dry.

• Posted

I have dry ARMD and have been recommended MacuShield Gold. Try to get them on prescription first. They cost approx. £40 per month to buy at chemist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.