Made it to the mall, and then Panic.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I work every day, drive in heavy traffic and thought I was doing ok. Took my nephew shopping at the busy mall, and rushed through the shopping as quickly as possible. wanted to be back home in the aircon and safety of my house. Working through week 10 of 20mg, and was so hoping the anxiety would have decreased by now. Well it would appear not. I still feel the need to isolate and avoid the maddening crowds that have never bothered me before. Seems I have some way to go yet. 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi, try not to beat yourself up too much. Take pride in the fact that you got to the mall and stayed for a while. Try and get out again soon and each time it will get a little easier. I was the same and after six months I was out kayaking and going away on holiday.
    • Posted

Great, thank you so much. I am out every day at work and shopping for groceries. Today caught me off guard. Gosh Kayaking and a holiday sounds awesome. Do you take 20mg and do you remember when the silly anxiety got better? I do appreciate the reply. Take care , Lee. 
    • Posted

I do take 20mg and it felt like a very gradual process. There wasn't a day when I woke up and thought I feel great. The symptoms start to ease, the sleep gets better and deeper and then you start to get a taste for trying new things again and pushing the boundaries. Each new thing you try is like another success story and gives you more confidence to move on. I started to wean myself off after nine months very very slowly. Due to sickness in the family and not being able to cope, I agreed with my doctor to go back on them. I've just finished my first week again so a while to go yet. Hope that helps xo
    • Posted

That helps tremendously to know these anxious days and weeks are just carrying on and on at the moment. Are you having the usual side effects the second time round? I was on cit 5 years ago fer a year, and this time round feels like itis taking forever. 10 weeks tomorrow! Sorry to hear you are having a sad time, and keep strong. Lee.
    • Posted

Hi, thankfully the side effects aren't as bad as I remember. A few days of that awful nausea and those panicky feelings. I've been wearing seabands which are for motion sickness and they seem to have helped. I would still take a sleeping tablet during the night if I waken early and one anti

Anxiety tablet in the morning too. Hopefully as the ads kick in, I won't need these

• Posted

Hi Lee...

Sorry you had a blip today...days like that are hard...especially when you are the expecting them 😕

I have heard it can take a full 6 months to feel totally well on these meds...so just keep doing what you are doing and you'll get there x x

• Posted

Thanks Yom, Had a late night last night due to school activities, so am looking forward to an afternoon nap, and i havn't even had my morning coffee yet. I hope today is a calmer one. Lots of love, and keep counting the months. Lee x
  • Posted

Hi Lee,

I am on 20mg CIT and it has been 4 weeks now. Have been feeling a lot better than I did before taking the medication. Bit saying that the last two days have been a bit of a struggle.

Last night I went out with some good friends to a concert in London and had a few beers but really felt as if it was such an effort almost having to force myself to enjoy something that I used to love and would come so naturally.

At times I just feel so unlike myself and just want to be back to the old me care free and an easy come easy go way about things. Reading what other people have written on here tho gives me hope so I'm sticking with the meds because as I've said I'm generally seeing some improvements so onwards and upwards.

All the best Kev

• Posted

Hi Kev, how great that you went to the concert. I am pleased that you have noticed a change...I am still waiting for that. I like you love concerts, but at the moment it would be the last thing I would do. I also long to feel carefree again, and it is strange to be living in a way that is far removed from your norm. I too get great encouragement from this group, and plan on pushing through the tough stuff until I get to the other side, so I am glad you are sticking with it too and hope that the better days come along more often. Good going Kev. Take care, Lee.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.