magnesium

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone take as a supplement and has it been any help in cutting down or stopping afib episodes

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Yes - I have been taking it for a year now, and have no afib any more.....But that is just the tip of the story. I learned that my afib, brought on by food-related triggers, were actually eliciting an intolerance response to the trigger(s), and in my case that trigger was found to be histamine - in the gut. My solution was to take specific anti-histamine probiotics along with magnesioum citrate, up to a gram-a-day.

Btw - magnesium deficiencies over several years can result in everything from severe calcification of arteries to heart valve stenosis etc.

Evidently, everyone is magnesium deficient.

• Posted

I bought magnesium taurate,but I'm scared to take it! I'm especially concerned since watching a health prog on BBC. Apparently there's no knowing how pure these supplements are as there is no control/ legislation or approval given . I thought it would be useless to ask my GP,as they are usually not keen. My GP follows the med route suggested by NHS/NICE guidelines. 

I will watch this post of yours and look forward to some informed responses.

• Posted

I will see what kind of response I get when reading about magnesium deficiency it makes sense I will speak to the local chemist he's really good at this kind of thing
  • Posted

Ive read the article should I take just magnesium or a multi mineral tablet
    • Posted

Generally, multi mineral tablets would not have sufficient magnesium to be of any real benefit.
  • Posted

Folllowing advice I take 250 mg magnesuim most days, I cut the tablets in half as they are 500 mg. Bought from a reputable firm in UK, NOT internet rubbish. Seems to help me, hope you will be lucky too - - -
    • Posted

Going to start today I'm going to take them for a month and see what happens
  • Posted

Its good to start with the magnesium, but don't expect any immediate miracles.  It takes decades for the low magnesium levels to show up clinically so it will take a while to restore your health to where it should have been.  I'd also recommend lowering the amounts of calcium-containing food/liquids you take.  Calcium and magnesium compete with each other for several important biological functions.  
    • Posted

I have Greek yogurt for breakfast and two cups of coffee with skimmed milk would that be too much calcium
    • Posted

Sorry - I don't want to disappoint you but you should never - ever - eat yogurt again. Actually no one should after maybe the age of 21 when they are finished growing.

1. high levels of calcium

2. the bacteria known to make the yogurt also are known to produce histamine, a major cause of intestinal distress and heart palpitations as well as afib-like symptoms.

As far as skim milk is concerned - lots of artificial sugar is added to make it tasty, which is worse for you than fat. We now know sugar is a real true toxin and may be THE major cause of heart disease........

Frank

• Posted

Actually neither did I until I did some research.  

I have learned that any fermented food, like sour kraut and yohurt (if you want to view that as being fermented) are made by the action of bacteria and most often those bacteria feed off proteins in the broths and convert them into histamine, among other things. Heck, even leftover food is partially rich in histamine in many cases.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.