Magnesium and Irregular Pulse

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ihad been told Magnisum tablet would help Fybro so I have been taken for 10 days seem to help with Pain but I have had following side effects. Very loose stools and Irregualar Pulse so ihave stopped any comments please

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I tried magnesium for 2 days and had very loose stools. Decided to leave it until after my holiday and try again. If I have the same reaction I will know it is not for me.
    • Posted

I thanks I let you know if my symptom go 
  • Posted

I took it for a couple of weeks and started with loose stools, ended up with neurological symptoms and feeling super depressed. They went away days after I stopped taking them. I didn't exceed rda. Some people swear by them but as with anything we all react differently.

If they are making your pulse irregular I think you would be best to stop.

• Posted

Hi Rocca, I also take calcium/vit d  as well as magnesium, as the body needs calcium to absorb the mag better. If they are causing loose stools maybe you need to take a smaller dose. I stick to the recommended dose and take them with food three times a day, I find they stop the muscle cramps/ spasms I was getting.

Good luck Meg

• Posted

I take magnesium daily and have done for several months I also use a magnesium spray oil to rub in if my joints flare up badly I find them both very good,

They gave me loose stools to start with but that subsided after a while,

I asked my consultant her opinion on taking magnesium and she said it has not been proved that it helps but it's good for older clients who suffer from constipation so that might be your answer,

I told her I found taking them helped me and she said carry on and as I used to suffer from constipation I find it a good all rounder because I used to find if I hadn't gone to the toilet toxins would build up and this made my pain in my joints worse,

But we are all different and need to try different things that suit us.

• Posted

Yes Rocca, if you feel the Magnesium is causing the irregular heart beats, then yes, do stop....as we have all found, what works for some, doesn't work for others.....and you don't want heart probs...it's a shame, but it's not important to take the magnesium, as it Hasn't been proven medically to help, just through our own trials and research....Bron

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.