make fun of you

Posted , 7 users are following.

Do people  family friends etc make fun of you if you get words mixed up, and come out with something thats not related to what your talking about. Its happened twice to me this week. just wondering if any of you ladies have had people make fun of you

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Dear Kaz, in my case I stuggle with close friends and family taking this as mainly a psychological issue. It's like saying that i'm weak. I totally get it believe me. XX Teresa
    • Posted

Its family friends Im having it off, its not on being made fun of. we are dealing with enough as it is, sometimes wish I was on a desert island..Having a bit of a down day today never mind plod on thank you for sharing your experiencesmile take care gentle hugsxxx 
  • Posted

Hi Kaz

people inc family always laugh at me! It started when I was 16 ish. I'm always getting words mixed up and not being able to remember simple words even if I'm looking at the object I want to talk about! I couldn't remember the word vase yesterday all I could say was the thing that holds flowers and water!! They call me tangent because I always start talking about things that we were talking about hours before, it's like my brain can't keep up with the conversation or something. My children even make fun of me now they are 9 and 10. I have to keep saying well at least you know what I'm on about or they just look at me blank!  As you can see I know exactly how you feel. I've tried to read more, I love reading but I'm getting slower at it for some reason. Keep going that's all I can say and don't get too upset about the other people just let it go over your head, you have too or you will get too upset I know I've been there.

• Posted

Thank you so much for sharing that with me, its really been bad this week, spelling has been all to pot words getting mixed up Ive talked such garble this week nothing has made sense at all. the other day my husband said what are you going on about what was coming out my mouth was nothing to do with the conversation we were having, so glad Im not on my own with this 1. its driving me mad. take care gentle hugs
  • Posted

Hi kaz , yes family and friends do all the time. I get frustrated with myself at times. Words are on the tip of my tongue but somthing completly different comes out. When your trying to have a conversation and people are just laughing over you because said wrong thing, i just think bo*****s now ha ha. ;-)
    • Posted

Hi Hazel I try not to let it get to me if I can when people make fun of me, but it gets to me at times especially if having a bad day.never mind onwards upwards as they say take care gentle hugs and thank you for sharing your experience with me. much appeciatedsmile
  • Posted

Hi,

A few weeks ago I said something really out of my Norm" I think I called my

daughter-my grandchild"or something to the like.And my Niece quickly corrected

me.Smiles.But when I mentioned it to my Daughter,she said thats not so bad you just spoke without thinking.

Now,are you telling me its a sign of Fibro?

• Posted

Hi elaine     unfortunatly it is one of the many symptoms of fibrosad
  • Posted

They used to but then I began saying things like "sorry, it's the drugs/meds", and shrug my shoulders. Or I'll say it dementia creeping in, knowing that if it was dementia, I probably wouldn't be aware of it. 

By making a joke of it, I can ease the tension around it.

• Posted

Hi lisa thats a good idea to make a joke of it, normally I just try shrug it off, but today Ive been a bit low so wasnt so easy to do today. But I will bare that in mind what you said  about making a joke of it and give that a try. Thank you for sharing that with me much appreciated take care gentle hugssmile 
    • Posted

Oh just say it's a foreign language, a new course you're taking online...Mandarin, or Russian biggrin
    • Posted

Hi teressa I like that idea making out its a new language.smile
    • Posted

Deal with it from position of power, not weakness: the "psout" is "soup" in Russian. cheesygrin
    • Posted

its hard to take at times BUT I will have to try and believe it says more about the person that is saying it than it does me as I wouldnt sink to that level I love the word psout smile
    • Posted

Hi lisa hope you and your family are having a good weekend and your daughter had a great birthday. hope your not in too much pain and also getting some rest. My earache went to my right ear last night think it cam out in sympathy to my left haha also my throat was a bit funny.got up today to a blinding headache back pain ugh ear pain has eased to what it was Im just feeling drained tired out with it all.never mind plod on you take care thinking of you gentle hug kaz xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.