Male Yeast Infection - Turned into Balanitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I hope someone can be of assistance. I had unprotected sex with my Ex GF years ago. Well she happen to have a yeast infection.

Well as you know i got a male yeast infection. My symptoms were typical.I had itching, pain, redness, and hurt to pee. Well I was given one pill, a powder, a cream and sent on my way.

Well I had a rash at the tip of the penis. I still cannot get rid of the rash. I have tried TONS of different creams with no luck. Some actually cause more inflammation.

Well i have tried many home remedies with no luck as well.

I hope someone here can give some advise.

My next plan is to go to a Dermantologist. 

Just on a side note. At the time i was not circumsized. Then i went to a Urologist who suggested to get cut. So i did. But the rash did not go away. 

From the research i have done I'm sure it is Balanitis.

Thanks  

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jha,

Were you actually diagnosed with balanitis? Most cases of balanitis are easily managed with a combination of creams or ointments and avoiding substances that irritate the penis. I ask because you speak of different creams with no luck. And generally male yeast infections are easily treated with over-the-counter antifungal medication if applied in good time before the chance of balanitus may develop.

Circumcision is a somewhat drastic treatment for balanitis and in any event it should only be a partial circumcision, i.e. with only some of the foreskin removed. Was that the case wih you, or did the urologist cut it all away?

Like you, I'm circumcised but for a very different medical reason.

Christopher

• Posted

Hello Islay,

No was not diagnosed. I want to go to a Dermatologist to see if he/she can determine the condition. But i have tried many creams, also have tried Tea Tree Oil, yogurt.

Alot of the things i have tried were stuff i have google to get rid of a Penis Rash from a yeast infection. None have worked since i still have the rash. Thats why i feel that maybe its Balanitis.

Thanks

• Posted

Hi Jha,

I seriously suggest you first try an antifungal medication from your local chemist, and/or ask to speak to the pharmacist (every chemist has one). If this doesn't help then make an appointment to see your GP. He or she will diagnose the reason for your persistent rash after an examination.

Googling for answers is all very well and often helpful, but the answers cannot address your particular problem as an individual. Do you see? Your doctor may indeed refer you to a dermatologist or a urologist - or simply give you a prescription for medication not avalable over-the-counter.

I wish you well.

Christopher

• Posted

Islay,

Yes I have tried many anti-fungal creams but none have had any positive results. I have spoke to many GP's and some have gave there thoughts but in the end they prescribed the anti-fungal cream. Which seems to neverwork. Thats why i feel whatever creams / meds are given for Balanitis could work. I have yet to see a Dermatologist.

I seen a Urologist years ago he suggested to get circumsized and therash will dry up and vanish. So I did go thru with the surgery, the rash is dry but is still present.

Any suggestions on any creams? I live in the US BTW..

• Posted

Jha. So you live in the US. That explains why the urologist so quickly advised you to be circumcised. Circumcision in America has sadly been a cutural norm since Victorian times. But no longer in the UK. Your rash is dry because so is your glans (penis head). It's a complication of circumcision.

Yes, I do have a suggestion for a cream which I was prescribed for a different genital problem. It can't do you any harm and it may be very effective for your penis rash. I will let you know tomorrow.

Christopher

• Posted

Although I said the cream won't harm you, and I truly believe it, I'm NOT a doctor. And in any event you cannot buy it over-the-the-counter.

You will have to ask your doctor if the cream is appropriate for you.

Christopher

• Posted

Islay,

Sure let me know what cream you are referring too.

Thanks

• Posted

Islay,

Thanks let me look into the cream.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.