Mariner

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been taking bisopropal prescribed for my panic attacks ,and anxiety 2

.5 but i am getting anxiety more,,went back to Dr given me higher dose 5.mg , i

I asked her if it was the tablet causing more symptoms she said not xtried taken it

morning triedtaking it night ,any help please x

g

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Bisoprolol's main purpose is to protect people from high blood pressure, tachycardias, arrhytmias and heart problems.

It can help with anxiety also, but there are way better drugs for anxiety which don't mess with your heart and blood pressure.

Medicines used most often to treat panic attacks include:

Antidepressants, such as Paxil, Prozac, or Zoloft.

Benzodiazepines, such as Ativan, Valium, or Xanax.

• Posted

Hi there,

Beta blockers do not stop anxiety they can only calm symtoms like palpatations.

Ive had a double heart bypass three years ago at the age of 43,ever since then ive suffered bad anxiety,it started with anxiety attacks,however you learn to cope,and now i can stop the attacks but still remain anxious .

Some doctors say beta blockers cause anxiety,some dont agree.

The root cause is your mental well being,

Ive just seen a councillor for 10 weeks and i feel loads better,and im still taking the same dose of beta blocker

Anxiety is something i will always have,get help and talk about the way you feel.

Good luck

• Posted

Thank you,its my husband im asking for,the Dr said it would have

Happened anyway, cant understand why she didnt give him a mild

Valium instead..she as put him on a higher dose now of bisoprpal

And his anxiety is worse, get sorted soon i hope x

• Posted

I take 2.5 for slight irregular heart beat, I found best at night as can make you tired and a bit down, might be my imagination of course! I started having anxiety panic attacks don't know why, tried Bachs Rescue Remedy night and day drops not much difference but a bit. Told Dr on last INR test he prescribed Lorazapan 1/2 at night and 1/2 when anxious, not taken yet apart from at night sleep much better. Also gave me Sertralina after reading up on it I decided not to take as side effects were not good and I don't think I need it. I live in Spain and the language can be tricky! Try the Bachs rescue it's all natural and has excellent reviews. Good luck

• Posted

Thank you its my husband whose got the problem,just searching

For answers,i think he needs a small valium instead of beta

Blocker seems to be giving him problems more anxiety but the

doctor said not x

• Posted

Hi barbspain...  i am supposed to take bisoprolol as well...but have been terrified to start it.  I have recently been diagnosed with arrythmia too... when the arrythmia is really irregular i get a slower heart rate...and bisoprolol lowers it even more right?  Did u have problems with lowering it too much?   I used Rescue Remedy for many years for anxiety as well.
    • Posted

Hi there,

I really don't know what my HR was before, I had a stroke put on bisoprolol because I told my Dr I was a little breathless when walking uphill! No other reason they thought my stroke could have been caused due to an irregular heart beat but it was never really diagnosed with that! I don't have high BP either it's all precautionary apparently!! I am sure your Dr knows what he is talking about try not to worry. If you take the pill in the evening if it makes you tired you will be going to bed so it won't matter. Good luck with it all🌞

• Posted

Thank you...  I'm trying to get my nerve up to take it... seems like so many here have had negative experiences with it. sad    I do have a blood pressure/ heart rate monitor...  so at least i can keep an eye on those things.  smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.