Me Again! Getting comfy in bed post op?!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi me again...

It's currently 3:30am, I've slept well since 9:30pm but woke an hour ago for the loo and have taken some more paracetamol but am struggling to get comfy back in bed...

I've been lying on my back post op (Tues avo) and I usually sleep on my side! I had an abdominal incision and I wondered how you all slept post op? I've got a tiny bed sore on one butt cheek too so I don't want that getting worse.

Did anyone pad out and sleep on their side? I just tried to turn but it wasn't that great and I don't wanna make things more painful 😬Tricky business....At least I've had some good sleep though 👍I had my tubes out but ovaries left in so both sides are sore internally.

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I had a tah at the end of Aug and also struggled to get comfy in bed.

I found a v pillow my Best Buy I still use it now to help sleep me on my side.

I hope you are feeling better soon....

• Posted

I had an abdominal incision too, a vertical one in September last year.  I was told that I could sleep on my side as I usually do.  Try putting a thin pillow between your legs or a cushion will do, so that you don't have so far to turn over, if you understand my meaning.  I was then able to get comfortable.  You should start to feel a lot better in 3-4 weeks, sleeping wise, but don't do anything else until at least 6 weeks or so, and remember to do as you are told regarding exercise and stuff like that.  Hope you are feeling better soon.  I feel great now but still have a bit of a puffy tummy, but it all takes time and patience.

• Posted

I had an abdominal incision too, a vertical one in September last year.  I was told that I could sleep on my side as I usually do.  Try putting a thin pillow between your legs or a cushion will do, so that you don't have so far to turn over, if you understand my meaning.  I was then able to get comfortable.  You should start to feel a lot better in 3-4 weeks, sleeping wise, but don't do anything else until at least 6 weeks or so, and remember to do as you are told regarding exercise and stuff like that.  Hope you are feeling better soon.  I feel great now but still have a bit of a puffy tummy, but it all takes time and patience.

• Posted

Thanks ladies it really helps to hear from you all. I was going to try and buy a v shape pillow so will get hubby on it today!

Did you also feel sick for quite a few days after. I have zero appetite and bowels not kicked in yet but then I don't suppose they will if not much food going in!

I'm finding it tricky knowing what to do as I don't want to lie in bed and it gets uncomfortable sitting up too long too as my bum is numb and I've a tiny sore on one bum cheek. Guess I just need to potter and rest....tricky. My bum isn't used to being seated so much haha...

• Posted

Hi,

Yes had sickly feeling for around 6 weeks and lost about a stone and a half.(half a stone of which I put back on)

All I ate was porridge in a morning and fish or soup at night and I struggled with that, I made sure I had plenty of fluids and the gp gave me stuff to keep my bowels going as they slowed down after surgery, and its best no too leave it too long as it can be very uncomfortable if left too long going to the toilet.

I got dulculax to help from the supermarket also.

It's such an up and down journey after the op and I'm 6 months on and my body is still adjusting after the op.

Good luck and make sure u get plenty of rest and move around a little too

Best wishes Zoe

• Posted

Thanks Zoe. Well I managed to eat better yesterday so that really helped although the dreaded gas built up again afterwards!

I'll start some prune juice today and have a coffee which normally works on my bowels....

I find myself here again wide awake at 4am having woke just before 3 for the loo and pain relief. Been so used to getting up in the night for wee's due to fibroid pressure but I could always get back to sleep however, now I can't sleep on my side it's a different story.

Like you say, it's all a time and healing thing....

Thanks again.

Jess

• Posted

Hi jess

Totally forgot to mention, maybe in a few weeks look at the ladycare magnet, some people don't rate them but I think they are fab, the magnet is suppose to help with blood flow round the area, I find mine really helps with my mood and initially after my op I could be in floods of tears or laughing I felt so out of sorts....

I got mine from boots and 6 months on I still swear by it , was well worth the money...

You take care

Zoe x

• Posted

Thanks Zoe. I've not heard of that but will take a look.

Jess

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.