Me again! Wondering if this is an anxiety symptom?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a really jagged tongue, like it looks like heaps teeth marks/ripples on the side of my tongue. Also I have what looks like a few cuts on teh side of my tongue! I wake up with body aches all over and get butterflies, cramps and a bad breath which seems to be getting worse! Also how to overcome an irrational fear of eatin? As stupid as this sounds, I feel my stomach cramp up when I try to eat and I really hate eating. I used to LOVE food but I think I am never going to like eating again. I drink herbals mostly and protein drinks but I know that's not the healthiest diet....rolleyes 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Also, anyone tried A2x natural capsules? I have been taking them for about 8 days but I don't notice any difference despite numerous positive reviews !...

• Posted

Have you had your thyroid checked? Have you been checked by a doctor for all this? I know this all feels scary, and we are glad you are here. It would be helpful if we knew more about what help you have gotten so far, Amba.  Hugs
    • Posted

Hi there,

Thansk very much for your reply and the support!! I have had blood tests done and they showed good condition! Then again, I think a few were low but tbh I didn't really understand the blood tests as the ligual isa too complex to understnad lol! However, I feel I proabbaly have hyperthryoidism due to fast metabolism from anxiety. Sometimes I cry, but then remind my self it could be  a lot worse and I can't imagine how others have lived like this so most of their life....

• Posted

Hi Amba!

The tongue is normal - many, many people have this and it is not caused by anxiety. It's got some long medical name that I can't remember but it's just the way your tongue is! So don't worry about that.

I am more worried about the not wanting to eat thing - that is clearly something that needs to be sorted out, and soon. I hope you've talked to your doctor about it. If you haven't, you really must, honey. Some kind of therapy sounds like it would be necessary, but you're not alone. Plenty of young (and old) people have eating disorders and there is good support for them. One thing that I hope you'll do is to keep posting on this site, because we are all here for you, too, 24/7.

My love to you.                                                                   xx Tess

• Posted

I one day woke up and started having odd circular shapes on my tongue. I found out that it's called Geographical Tongue and that it's harmless. It seems to stem from anxiety and stress. It's not the first time that I had those on my tongue either.

You just have to accept the fact that if the cramps are caused by eating, then you should eat anyway. I'm always trying to make my symptoms work for me instead of the other way around. Drinking Camomile tea works well with the stomach after eating.

I'm usually waking up with something similar so don't feel alone about it. You're strong. Always remember that even when you feel weak.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.