medication

Posted , 3 users are following.

does anyone take duluxetine with gabapentin and tramadol in 24 hours please

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

• Posted

Well Duloxetin is an antidepressant an used to treat pain like fr fibromyalgia. Tramadol is for pain but it also increases Seratonin an Norepinephrine like Duloxetin does. So you could get a very dangerous side effect called "Seratonin Syndrome " . Not good. What Dr told you to take the two together! You need a new Dr. This one is stupid. You can die from Seratonin Syndrome! Look it up an look up both drugs for interactions an take it all to your Dr an show him what an idiot he is! Goodluck!

• Posted

Absolutely right!! This happened to me 5 weeks ago after my incompetent doctor had me on all 3 . The tramadol and duloxetine caused seratonin syndrome and I am still recovering from it. Please check with your doctor. I had to quit cold turkey because of it . Best wishes to you . 
    • Posted

I was on it for nerve pain also Marie . That's a very wise decision.Do yourself a big favour and get off it as you have only just started it. The withdrawal is absolutely awful. I took it for 6 weeks and ended up in the hospital with seratonin syndrome. Now I am enduring the withdrawal which apparently can take 6/8 weeks. I am praying that in the next 3 weeks the symptoms will subside. Sending good thoughts to you .

• Posted

do u mean tramadol or duluxetine I've just started tramadol been on duluxetine for ages but been getting very hot and sweaty taking the 2 together xx

• Posted

plus my gabapentin sorry forgot that one xx
    • Posted

Hi Marie, sorry didn't make it clear. Been on tramadol since March for pelvic pain. Added gabapentin in April then duloxetine in May. I had the reaction 6 weeks after I started  the duloxetine. Apperantly I am a slow metaboliser and the combination of tramadol and duloxetine built up to toxic levels. You are adding tramadol to duloxetine and I was vice versa. I started sweating and having palpitations, terrible headaches and then my blood pressure went through the roof . I should never have been prescribed the two together . Just be careful , I had the warning signs, sweating e.ct.but just thought they were side effects and would pass. This was 4 weeks into taking duloxetine then at 6 weeks after taking my last dose I felt like my whole body had been electrocuted . I would hate anyone to to go through that and I really don't want to scare you Marie just be very careful . Best wishes to you Marie, 

• Posted

thankyou Gill no duluxetine for me tonight gonna ring my gp on Monday see what she says thanks very much for your help best wishes xx
    • Posted

Marie if you need to take a painkiller you could ask your doctor for something else. I think it's only the tramadol that contains an snri . There are lots of other pain meds that don't contain that xxx

• Posted

please don't quit your duloxetine cold turkey. I was forced to because of the severe reaction xxxx

• Posted

Marie i don't want to sound like I'm telling you what to do but if you've been on the duloxetine a while and it's helping but you need to take a pain killer as well then perhaps you'd be better off taking a pain killer without the snri. If  you have only just started tramadol you could ask your gp for a different pain med( without the Snri) because you have started sweating on the tramadol. If you decide to continue with the tramadol and wish to discontinue the duloxetine then please ask go for a taper plan . This is only my advice Marie because of my experience with the two meds combined . Sorry if I sound like a bossy boots lol . Just don't want you to suffer like I have. Wishing you all the best Marie , take care xxxxx

• Posted

Ask your gp for a taper plan, damned autocorrect lol xxx
    • Posted

reducing the amount of duloxetine gradually over weeks/ months depending on how long and at what dose you have been taking .This will avoid severe withdrawal and minimise any symptoms allowing your body and brain to get used to being without the medication and will allow you to continue functioning with minimal disruption .Your gp will know Marie . Make sure you speak to him/ her . Hope everything goes well for you xxxx
    • Posted

thanks Gill I'm on 60mg duluxetine but really scared me now I'm only on it for pain so wouldn't think I would get much withdraw all symptoms stopping it hopefully not lol best wishes to u too xx

• Posted

So sorry Marie I really didn't mean to scare you. Speak to your doctor about your wish to come off the duloxetine .I wish you all the very best and let me know how you get on xxx

• Posted

hi Gill Dr reckons it's safe because I only take tramadol to sleep at night lol xx

• Posted

hi Gill was quite poorly today only missed duluxetine for 2 days came over all shaky dizzy was horrible so I took it again been fine this evening except for burning pain in feet due to damp weather xx
    • Posted

Hi Marie , speak to your doctor about coming off gradually if you wish to discontinue xxxxx
    • Posted

will do Gill thanks for all your kindness best wishes it's so helpful on here xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.