Medication looses effectiveness

Posted , 2 users are following.

My tn is constantly hurting im currently taking 300 mg of oxcarbazpine an 1200 mg of gabapentin both seem to be coming to there end what do i tryed Cymbalta for a week it gave me headaches an a weird burning sensation on my arms kinda dont want to go back to that one but its one that sorta works didn't give it time an one taking anything different

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've tried a number of different medications for TN and haven't found a perfect solution, but if the gabapentin was working for you then I don't know if you have come across pregabalin. I was on gabapentin and after a while I found I had to keep increasing the dose, and then the side effects started causing a lot of problems. I switched to pregabalin and I've been better for the last year. It's more under control and fewer side effects. I've been told gabapentin and pregabalin are very similar, and I don't think you can take both at once, so switching over wasn't pleasant, but it helped me.

• Posted

Ive taken it before it caused left arm weakness an pain on just one 75mg pill a day in just a week i was almost wondering if i went to a way smaller dose if it would still work only thing is its very expensive for lryica
    • Posted

I am on 225mg lyrica, but I don't get that type of side effects. It's better for me than gabapentin but everyone's different. I can't take oxcarbazpine, it is much worse for me than gabapentin or lyrica.

I have been told that if you do start finding a medication loses effectiveness you can go back to it after a break and it should work again, but I've never needed to try that so I don't know how long the break would need to be.

• Posted

Gabapentin doesn't really work for me after i left it for 3 months it helps but its not perfect i still have intense pain oxcarbazepine seems to have lost its edge. How long have you been on Lyrica

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.