Medication mistake-advice needed!!!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Okay, so, I am newly diagnosed (September 2016) with frontal lobe epilepsy and was initially prescribed 250mg Keppra x2 morning and night-the little blue pills. Eventually it was increased to 750mg twice a day and the tablets changed to bigger cream coloured ones. Anyhow somewhere/sometime in the midst of epilepsy brain fog I began thinking that I was supposed to be taking 3 x 500mg morning and and night. The cream coloured ones are 500mg and the little blue one are 250mg but I was thinking they were both 500s - just looked different. This sounds so stupid now I'm writing it out! Will I be okay to just start taking the 750mg twice a day instead of 1500mg twice a day -I really don't want to have to tell my dr that I've been so stupid 🙄

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey, dont feel stupid for doing this i would deffinately speak to your doctor either your GP or neurologist and just ask their advice. you dont want to be messing around bwith that considering youve only just been diagnosed. I have epilepsy as well i was diagnosed at 8 years old and am now almost 21 i had some bad side effects from epilim and now am changing to lamictal (lamotragine). Also im not sure how old you are or if you want to still have kids, i only ask because when i changed i went to lamictal because it is the safest drug to be on if i wanted to have kids in the future which i do and the epilim i was on it actually says do not take whist pregnant as it will outweigh the positives of having a child so basically it was one of the worst ones for that. Also if you have any weird symptoms that you may think arent related to the tablets just check the side effects as i went through months of not knowing what was going on.
    • Posted

Thanks Amy I think I'll give my GP a shout in the morning! I'm 40 and had my family thankfully so at least I don't have that concern x

• Posted

No worries smile hope it all goes well for you! and Merry Christmas to you and your familyx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.