Medications for cts

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been tested positive for cts in both hands.  What medications do you use to releive pain.This is a work related injury from driving.  

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I used motrin and hand brace/splint.

f I were you, I would go to facebook and look up this site and request to join. 

I Survived Carpal Tunnel Surgery!

I am not a FB fan but there is a TON of information there, seriously I really wish I had found this prior to surgery.

• Posted

i think i will have surgery in a couple weeks but otc meds dont touch my pain i can not sleep a whole night  i am trying to avoid controlled drugs
  • Posted

Honestly, the pain I had, nothing could touch it but a dangerous amt of morphine or something very controlled. There is gabapentin people take for nerve pain but you have to take that routinely, I believe. I don't know if you can take that as needed. I never tried it. I thought about asking my Dr for sleeping pills, it got to where I was afraid to go to sleep. But I only had to wait about 10 days.  
    • Posted

Thank you fr the replies.  I never realized the pain associated with cts nor does the general public.  i will find out soon if i will have surgery on one or both at the same time.  this has alreadly costed me a bunch but i know it has to be done
  • Posted

Hi Ron,

I used a cold compression wrap to get rid of pain and a blood flow stimulator to heal it. The cold wrap was amazing at getting rid of the tingling.

• Posted

Thanks forreply  Have had first surgery and will try ice thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.