Meditation massage therapy etc

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just wondering what do you all think of trying massages, reflexology meditation does any of these help CFS / ME /PVF

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I have therapeutic massage about once a month which really helps to ease away the aches and pains. I would love to have it weekly but the costs mount up don't they?

Try and find a therapist familiar with fibromyalgia and ME as they understand better where the painful bits are likely to be!

Liz

• Posted

Meditation helps everything its powerful stuff you need to research it, some people thick its rubbish but I love it chakra healing meditation is the future x
  • Posted

Royalty, everyone's body is going to respond differently, but for me, massage therapy gives very good pain management. If I could afford it, I would have a weekly massage. I respond best to deep tissue body work and neuromuscular reeducation. Haven't tried reflexology. With respect to meditation, I think it's very important to find a spiritual practice which brings you some peace. Whether that practice is contemplative prayer, traditional forms of meditation or biofeedback, our mind & soul are adversely effected by cfs, too. Progressive relaxation and contemplative prayer help me cope with life. I can't say these practices give me symptom relief; it's more like better symptom tolerance.

• Posted

I agree with you Holly about massage therapy, I would have it weekly if I could!
  • Posted

Massage can help for both physical and mental relaxation--muscle tension release, etc.  Meditation does the same.

As far as curative powers, I haven't experienced that, but will let others comment.

Anything that helps support physical and mental well being is a good thing, in my book.

• Posted

I have a massage every week but then I have most weeks for a few years to keep my back and shoulders from stiffening up. I've not noticed any specific improvements in my CFS if I'm honest.

I was told by the counselling service attached to work that bodyscan meditation (there are vids on youtube) can be very helpful - and it does tend to make you dwell less on the "poor me" side of things - I am generally pretty positive, despite not being able to do very much right now.

Acupuncture also helps some people, so that may be worth a go - I'm 3 or 4 sessions in and it does seem to help a little...but its effect is cumulatve and takes a while, so can be quite costly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.