Mefenamic Acid?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was on rigevidon (birth control) before, but it gave me migraines so the doctor prescribed Mefenamic Acid. But I don't know if I take the medicine before my periods start or when they do start. Does anyone know? It just tells me to take 3 a day, but not when e.g. before periods start or after

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cilly,

I am on these too and are so helpful smile been taking them now for four months.

Take on the first day and continue throughout your period, sometimes i do have a sneaky one or two the day before if the pain starts before my period.

Hope this helps.

Any more questions please ask smile

• Posted

HI I HAVE BEEN ON MEFENAMIC ACID SINCE MY VERY FIRST PERIOD WHEN I WAS ELEVEN YEARS OLD AND THEY HAVE BEEN FANTASTIC AND MAKE MY PERIODS REALLY SHORT AND LIGHT
  • Posted

Hi Cilly, I was given thes as I was having major period pains, my doctor said to start taking them about a week before I was due them and in the most part they have worked wonders!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.