MELOXICAM

Posted , 2 users are following.

Now been given Meloxicam as an anti inflammatory for period pain, anyone else taking this and does it work?

Slowly loosing the will to live i find one medication that works then they have a supply issue!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dawn, Yes I have used Meloxicam tablets before for psoriatic arthritis but my GP is reluctant to prescibe them for some strange reason but I find it more effective than Naproxen. Have your tried Naproxen? What strength of Meloxicam tablets have you or are you taking?
    • Posted

They r 7.5mg tablets and I've not used them as I'm currently on cocodamol for back pain which in turn worked for this month's period.
    • Posted

Also I did try naproxen but they gave me really bad heartburn/indigestion as well. No matter if I took after food was horrid.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.