Menapause

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladies anyone on post menapausel can help me,I am 57 years old struggling really bad I thought I would be better now but it's worse for me

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

H I simone when you say worse what do you mean in what way
    • Posted

Hi karen well when my periods stopped at the of 52 I was ok for a while but for the last 4 years im lath agricultural, want to sleep day and night,flushes in the day, night sweats,feeling sick,bad stomach, heart palipatations, im suffering with anxiety now.
    • Posted

sorry i took so long to reply, what you need to do for hot flushes is take sage it has took 6 weeks in total but now mine have gone and i sleep all night no heat or hot flushes anymore in the daytime 2500 im so much happier now , the sleeping in the day is because you dont sleep at night and with all this comes anxiety, i know i have been there and its not nice  all you can do is try these things good luck karen x
  • Posted

Hi Simone,

Mine had got no better and some stuff worse when I was post.

I gave it a couple if years but not much improved my sleep was getting worse, it was really bad anyway but after my periods stopped I was just very hot all the time. I was also too sore for sex so I went on HRT.

I wish I'd tried it a lot sooner, it's not perfect but I sleep more than I was (the first week on it was a joy sleep pattern returned to normal and I felt the best I've felt in 10 years).

Sex is comfortable and I get more enjoyment from it.

So many other things went depression which I'd been treated for with anti depressants, anxiety heart palpitations and nausea to name but a few.

My sleep has been up and down since but on the whole more good night's than bad and I've cooled down and only get an occasional hot moment and it is just that a moment and it's gone again.

Like many women I had been led to belive that my symptoms were just me, but I can tell you in my case at least that peri and post symptoms have been 95% relieved by estrogen. I take progesterone as well 12 days of the month but all that seems to do is give me a one week bleed.

• Posted

Hi can I ask your age. Maybe I need to go back to the docters and demand hrt.
    • Posted

Hi yes I'm 53 last period 51.I've been on HRT 5 month's.

I didn't demand just asked, I was offered horse urine type first, which at the time I thought was all that was availible, she then gave me tibolone because she will not prescribe testosterone and there is some in tibolone. It didn't suit me so I did lots of research and asked for oestrogel and Utrogestan because they are bio identical made from wild yam or soy.

I do buy testosterone myself and that does help with libido as well and I take tribulus tetris.

I used the testosterone before the estrogen, but the estrogen had the biggest impact on all the horrible symptoms.

• Posted

Hi Simone,

I too am post meno, two years since periods stopped then out of the blue symptoms came back and now I'm struggling. Have got terrible sleep problems, can't eat, very low mood, fatigue, inner shakes, anxiety, the whole works! Very frustrating as do look after myself with diet, exercise and supplements. Have now started HRT as couldn't go on much longer without doing something, so I'm hopeful of some improvement soon. Lots of ladies on here have got good advice and lots of positive feedback on hrt. Hope you can find something that helps you but remember that you're not alone, lots of others know what you're going through.

Vix x

• Posted

Hi Vix today I thought im ok went for a ride with hubby stopped off for a soft drink and as im sitting there I felt I was going to feint, and I had eaten .scares me so much
    • Posted

Not nice for you but maybe all down to hormonal shifts. Perhaps best to go and have another chat with your gp and discuss your options. Try and be kind to yourself in the meantime.

Take care

Vix x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.