Menopause and Gas.....

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello Ladies,

Over the last couple months when all these symptoms started , I have developed really bad gas sometimes with bloating. It's a horrid feeling. Im so hungry at times but can't eat due to so much gas.

Just wondering has anyone else expierenced this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yep. Gets so bad is today completely shirt if breath. The gas sits in my chest I think and it's not till I burp repeated I get any relief. Plus also feels like every sip of fluid or food gets resisted on the way down by gas coming back up. Hybby wants to go out to dinner tonight and I'm $&&&ing myself cause I'd rather just stay home and eat easy food.

I'm thinking of starting up the vitex again cause for us early on it seems to work better. Maybe if we stabilise our periods/hormones the rest will settle down. I stopped early last time silly me

• Posted

I thought it was just me. The gas just sits in my chest. It only feels better if I can burp or pass gas the other way. It is accompanied by heartburn at times. Just blowsy mind at how so many things changed and so quickly. I've never suffered with gas like this.
  • Posted

Yes Jamie I have this too. Mine is really bad right now as well. It's awful because like you said I'm hungry but there is so much acid it's uncomfortable to eat. I also start to wheeze a little bit because the acid from stomach comes all the way up to esophagus. So much fun all of these crazy symptoms. Hope you are able to eat something.

Debbie

• Posted

I thought it was just me. I'm sorry we are suffering in this manner. I was able to eat a piece of chicken. I eat like a bird these days because of the gas.
  • Posted

Gas! Gas! Gas. Don't worry jamie50513. It will reduce. I've had it for the past three years but now very moderate. Drinking black tea and garnishing My meals with ginger helps. I wish you the best.
    • Posted

Thanks so much. I am going to try black tea. I drink ginger ale for the gas sometimes, but I'm thinking I need to try some other form of ginger as the carbonation can add to the gas.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.