Menopause at 31

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello. I'm new here and need some help.

I'm 31 and have had headaches, mood changes, low mood, anxiety, hot flashes and low libido since summer last year. my periods are super odd, sometimes ill have none at all for months (4 months being the longest time) and sometimes Ill have 2 in a row less than 3 weeks apart.

I'v been to see my doctor and had a load of blood tests done. They think its Menopause, but need to take bloods 2 more times to be 100% sure.

There saying that if it is menopause I need to take HRT as if i dont I could be very highly to get osteoporosis and other health problems in the future. I'm really worried about that, but I really don't want to take HRT as I'm worried about blood clots. I have so many people telling me difference things and i just dont no what to do.

I'm wondering if there is anyone here thats been though this at around my age that could get me some advise.

Thanks. Kay

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes I know of women in their late twenties who started menopause early.

ps you don't HAVE to take hrt ESP at your age, there's other options, don't be bullied into synthetics at your age. 

• Posted

Right try to stay away from HRT I have been just going with the flow natural
  • Posted

Welcome to our world it's a roller coaster peri menopause post menopause and full force menopause step by step it's crazy but so many weird things happen with our bodies day to day we never know what symptom pops up but just get ready and try to stay calm with the anxiety good luck to you
  • Posted

Look into plant oestrogens, soya etc. And exercises to strengthen bone density. I' m not an expert but hope you find help on the Internet 
  • Posted

Thanks for the replies ladys. I'm trying to deal with this without taking HRT for a few months first and see how i get on. I really dont want to take it, but my doctors says my estrogen is below 5 and I'm high risk cos of that. sad I'll try everything I can to get that up without drugs before i take anything though. tbh, its the hot flushes and low sex drive thats killing me most.
    • Posted

You can take black cohosh for estrogen and hot flushes, you can take maca or vitex. There's soo much less harmful ways to increase estrogen before going down the hrt route, you said your trying to manage WITHOUT taking hrt, so I'd highly suggest taking your lab results to a good reputable naturopath and let them help you try a more natural way first, then if it doesn't work by all means do hrt. I only say this stuff cause there "can" be side effects from hrt ESP starting soo young. BUT hey I don't know what your going through so you have to do what's best for you. I've just had my health destroyed by so called 'safe' pharmaceuticals and I'm now working with a naturopath to help repair the damage.

You can incorporate foods to raise estrogen too. Teas like Licorice (limited use).

anyway hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Hi

I'm also 31 but went through a very early menopause at 20 after treatment for leukaemia.

I've been on hrt since then and I've been absolutely fine.

My sex drive increased and I had no other symptoms.

Your doctor will talk to you about the best one for you smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.