Menopause! Fatigue, crying, aching, nauseous, headaches

Posted , 121 users are following.

Sitting here crying...... again! Feeling awful.  Woke up this morning feeling nauseous and aching legs.  Went for a run on Monday.  Still recovering.  Had hoped to go again yesterday but felt awful.  Tired all the time.  Anxious about everything.  Putting on weight but can't stop eating.  Had various tests - all ok, including colonoscopy and mammogram.  Worried myself silly in the run up to Christmas ..... Virtually read myself the last rights.  Have no confidence.    Awful temper.  Nagging....... Sick of hearing myself rant on to my 12 year old son.  What will help.  I've read about B6, is B-50 worth a try (Holland and Barrett)?  

11 likes, 180 replies

180 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Lesley I totally understand what you are going through.  I have had the sickness, dizzyness and aching.  Sore knees, hip, ankles.  I too exercise and it has been really affecting me which is making me really stressed.  I have tried B Vits, devils claw, rose hip, Omega oils and now on jointAce which has zinc and magnesium in it. Not tried that for long enough to see if it works yet.  I also have really bad bladder problems which also can affect my training!!! The sickness has eased with oestrogen pessiers and acupuncture helped my knees a bit but none of the other things helped me and I went to the Docs last week and cried like a 2 year old and I got HRT.  I just can't cope with the aching...it makes me feel old and useless...I am a young 51 year old.  I wanted to try the natural first but gave up....life's too short.  I have only been on it a week but I think my bladder is improved......good luck and explore all options. We are all different and need to find our own way through this difficult time.  Loads of support on here.  Take care.XXXX
    • Posted

Hi all ........ Haven't done anything like this before so not sure if everyone who has replied to me will see this response.

Thank you so much for replying.  Can't seem to get my head around any of this.  I've had hot flushes for about 3 years now, my periods stopped about a year and a half ago.  I'm 47! Feel like I'm 97 most of the time, seem to have had every symptom going.  Tried a variety of 'remedies' but nothing seems to have any effect.  Not tried HRT - a bit nervous about it, postponing the inevitable plus I've had quite a bit of IVF, so don't really want to be taking anything else.  I'm also a migraine sufferer, so that also limits the type of HRT and increases slightly the 'stroke' possibilities.   (I know, I'm a born worrier!!). Can't seem to enjoy life much.  My poor husband, who struggled in the beginning with my symptoms has been great recently, though I'm sure I irritate him more than he lets on.  I'm trying a healthier diet, drinking home made juices, smoothies etc, but can't seem to stop reaching for th biscuit barrel too...... And the odd slice of cake!

• Posted

Hi Margaret, I hear your pain.  I am peri and am 55 yo.  Seems odd to me that I haven't really skipped cycles fully yet.  Just 5-6 weeks apart now.  I am so tired and achy and feel like I am soooo old.  I am comforted to know that I am not alone but worry about how debilitating this is and how long it will take to feel better again.  I can barely get around because I am so stiff and sore  It's awful!  I feel nauseous and like crying all the time.  Is your family supportive?  I am worried to tell my family how bad I feel because I just had back surgery and I don't want my husband to have to be my nurse again.  I just know what to do?  I feel like going home to bed and never coming out!

• Posted

Thank you Margaret ..I thought i was the only one with bladder problems!!!

and the joint ache is so bad special in the morning!! Last year used to be my upper back now is the lower back and legs..I'm also 51 years old going on 90!!! I wish to travel being active i just don't feel doing anything anymore!!!

• Posted

Hi..just read this n can relate to u! I too have had lotz of IVF which triggered awful migraines..sometimes lasting months at a time. About a year ago periods became few n far between and over last month started getting all the typical peri symtoms..night sweats, hot flushes, fuzzy brain and finally after having a migraine from hell lasting 3 wks took myself to Dr.

Started Hrt patches as these have less poss of stroke and hoping the migraine will imp. I have only been on for 4 days but have actually managed to get through last 3 days without needing triptans! Hoping that if migraines linked to oestrogen fall then this good b the answer on a shorttterm basis. Sometimes things u don't want turn out for the best...good luck!

• Posted

Hi Maria, this leg pain you were having, are you still having them? I wake up every morning and my legs feel like they have no life in them. They are tingling, burning feeling, achy, and very weak. This been going on for awhile now. Also have the back pain with it. Are you still experiencing this?
    • Posted

Hi Mary

I experience. the same thing. for a few years , still get it but not as often. ..changing my diet special eliminate coffee helped a lots.

also walking every morning helps.

Right now I'm missed my period this week but I'm having headaches my blood pressure up and down ..is too much!!

Feel better😊

• Posted

Mary

I did go more then ones, I was so scared what could it be! i coudnt sleep worrying constantly about it.

they didn't find anything, they keep saying change shoes , it's from my lower back go to a chiropractor!!! I even went to the emergency room!! the Dr happened to be a woman going through the same things as us. ..she told me that's part of the crazy change!! she is the one suggested to change my diet and walk even if it was for 15 minutes a day! Don't worry you are ok but you can go to Dr just so you don't have to worry all the time..its going to just disappear one day you'll see.

xxxx

• Posted

You re right Maria. I am constantly worrying. Its like now it was only the left but now its both. I too think maybe it could be the back or maybe this or that. Its like a burning tingling feeling right now. I walked last night and it seem to worsen this morning. My diet is not bad...I dont know
    • Posted

Go see a chiropractor and get an adjustment for your back it will help.

You describing the same thing i have..the more stress and worried you get the worst it gets.. it's all the anxiety and crazy thoughts go through our minds!

• Posted

I think I will do that today. I was doing it for a couple if months and stopped in July. It got too expensive. My GI doctor that Im constipated although Im using it every morning. But he says he thinks its blocked inside the intestines which could be causing back pain and the thin loose stools. I was given meds , he promised I will feel much better once I take it. I will start today. Im willing to try anything. The back pain hasnt been so bad this morning, I took the magnesium drink he prescribed a few days ago. I noticed the pain started when i seem to get a surge in cortisol , my palpitations started and i got this fatigue that came over me with the backache. So could be just hormonals.
    • Posted

It is Mary, please don't worry i went through all of the symptoms and some more over and over the past 8 years!!

it's a nightmare..i have friends that they didn't even know they going through it😊

• Posted

Maria, as i sit here crying it is so hard. I got up feeling ok ,drop my kids off to school and the whole time out my stomach rumbling and the urge to use it. I get home and use it and immediately my back starts hurting and i start shaking all over with anxiety especially in my stomach. My stomach is so weak where i cant eat. But the weird thing about it is that i was eating fine until i started acupuncture . They stuck the needle in my stomach for my digestion and my stomach been uncontrollable ever since. Noisy, and extremely nervous. I was eating fine until then. Have you experience anything like this?
    • Posted

Hi. Maria

i have the same problems, leg pains my doctor thought it was DVT and sent me for urgent scans, nothing showed up, past few days I've had bladder pains, feel really ill, going for an ultrasound d tomorow to check on my kidneys and other organs. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.