menopause hell

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had partial hysterectomy in 2012 ovaries remaining, since then had nothing but problems, before that i was healthy and happy, only had due to problems with reaction to having tubes tied. I have continuous chest pain, low mood, hair loss, weight gain, fuzzy head feeling light spaced out, felling dizzy, joint pain. I have no periods obviously and told would keep ovaries so i didn't hit menopause early, guess what that didn't work. I am only 42 and use to enjoy life so much, i have tried HRT but all gave me migraines, am taking black cohosh and b6 but not much change. I don't sleep and just walk around in a daze now, Drs have tested for everything from heart to thyroid and make me feel like hypochondriac when ever i visit. Sorry for long post but just feel so low x

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi hun

Yes I get it. Ive been in perimenopause eight years. No hysterectomy though.

Ive worn out my doctors office. Just feel so ill. Over the years ive had anxiety depression palpitations gerd joint pain fatigue breathlessness and the lost goes on. Its really hard to live with some days but the ladies in this forum are just great. Im 48 now and the symptoms just seem to get worse. I cry most days im so tired. Am on iron due to being aneamic through heavy periods which are all over the place.

Hang on in there. Take care x

• Posted

It feels like there is no end, i have had GERD for over 20 years, i would class myself as a happy easy going person before this, now i am just a groucho. Am a single mum and i try to stay happy for my 8 yr old but think even she is noticing . That on its own hurts xx

• Posted

Have you had a B12 blood test? Your symptoms are similar to b12 deficiency. Take a look on the net and see if you agree. Unfortunately b12 thyroid and many other things have overlap symptoms. 

I went through years of similar, they now know im b12 deficient but may also have oestrogen problems.

• Posted

No i don't think they have tested that so be worth mentioning with my gp. I cant believe all this is because of having partial hysterectomy, i was so much better off before xx
  • Posted

Sorry you are going through this. I feel the same as you i am 47 in menoapause. Having trouble sleeping, feeling depressed moody at times, just not myself then my two feet hurt my bad foot which is the left foot has a plate eight screws and a pin, the ball of the foot on that foot hurts and is inflamed then my right foot has a heal spur can hardly walk stand i feel agitated at night to where i have to take several baths to help me relax 

Don't know what to do about it any more just want to crycry

• Posted

i to have been going through menopause mood swings aches in my shoulder and joints feeling spaced at times can't sleep up til 3 and 4 am it's horrible always feeling like something is going to happen i was just saying on another forum it's crazy what we as women go through
  • Posted

I feel for you.  I am hoping that by receiving support in this forum you will not feel you are alone.  I am wondering if there are perhaps some unacknowleged feelings of loss since having your hysterectomy removed.  This is something my friend expereinced and it took some time to come to terms with for her.

I have been perimenopausal for a few years now and I despair as I no longer recognise myself.  I cry - a lot - but don't feel low in mood.  I have poor concentration and memory and my weight gain around the middle is awful.  I often feel anxious but cannot say why and experience the same symptoms you have described.  Reading everyone else's entries I don't feel so abnormal.

• Posted

I had 1 tube & 1 ovary removed around 20 years ago and suffered with anxiety but I now am beginning to think it's to do with that! I haven't had a period for 14 months and have had about 60 of the 66 symptoms 😞 I feel so tired and low just want to cry 😥
  • Posted

Your not imagining this, it stinks. I went theiugh years of this and men say its mental but women understand. Changes do happen. They just do ieas healhy before and as i went theiugh peri menapause to menapause i feel apart. So many ailments and got some genetic xanthelesma latge tellow plaques on my eyelids as a result of all these changes. Apparently your ldl goes up and i guess mine went up too up. I believe it balances over time but expect the unexpected and many aches, pains and feeling weird. It would be nice if none of this happened but for some it just dos. I dont honestly know anyone who feels great, some, very few have these really great outlooks on life and are happier then others but no ine really escapes all these changes.
  • Posted

oh my gosh your not alone at all i suffer daily with anxiety my shoulder aches like the dikens my elbows i don't feel normal at times feels like i am just an alien lol but some days i feel better than others i cry i stay in bed i just want to scream at times thank god for this site the help from each other eases me does anyone else have the aching shoulders lord i tell you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.