Menstruation Delay, Endometriosis, and Birth Control Pills Treatment

Posted , 2 users are following.

Dear All.

I am here on behalf of my wife.

My wife menstruation has been delayed for almost 2 months.

After got an ultrasound check last month, we found a 4 cm cysts on her left ovarium. Our dr suggested to have a CA 125 test and CT scan. The CA turned 11, and from the CT scan she said it was benign, and she also told us about her got an endometriosis

The dr prescribed her with birth control pills for 3 months, currently we are on our first month, and we expect to have a menstruation in several days. The dr told us to visit her if my wife does not get any this month, but due our current location we may unable to visit her until mid Feb. 

My question is, is there any chance that Birth Control Pill may need some time till invoke the menstrual bleeding? I am planning to see another obgyn nearby if she does not get any menstruation on her placebo pill next week, but It will quite painful to have a complete fresh checkup.

Any feedback will be very valuable. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Siraf

I can't answer your question as my info on birth control pills is too out of date - had a total hysterectomy long time ago due to endometriosis. But someone will know & answer.

In the meantime, I too hope that your wife won't have to go through an entire repeat of the exam process. We all feel her pain and the fears both of you know. You are a good and supportive husband.

We are always here for both of you.

• Posted

Thank you very much.

I am alone not sure what to do. She said that she has no any pain yet. So the dr result like a time bomb to us.

It sure a premature question, so we are going to wait for a while.

• Posted

I didn't say it before but someone will the only absolute test for endometriosis is laparoscopy. For that, of course you would want to be home with the doctor she trusts. You may want to wait to tell her that, up to you since it couldn't be done now anyway. Some doctors might not do itif a woman doesn't have pain.

Sometimes though women experiencea lot of pain and believe that it's normal. I was like that, assuming that all women felt what I did ,,, until things turned excruciating. I didn't define what came with my cycles as "pain" because I assumed it was normal. I don't know that you want to query your wife on this. As openly as I was raised to talk about my body without self-consciousness, as wildAs the 1960s & 1970s were, I wasn't discussing details of this particular of my life with anyone but the doctor, and they would've laughed at me. Ten years later when I was in agony, many said it was in my head. So the question is whether your wife has ever compared her menstruation experience with other women, and especially with women who aren't related because this problem sometimes runs in families.

You don't have to go into all this at once. It is possible your wife has no pain by anyone's standard.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.