mental health break down

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have suffered for yrs with mental health on a long wating list to see some one already been a yr. its been like this i feel like i cant cope go out or have any more to give i am spent like a nuclaer fuel rod!

its constant crying dreaming leeping too much not sleeping not eating i want to hurt my self constantly i just waana give up and end it all but i am scared.

i want to phone crisis number but i dont actually know what they do?

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm wondering which crisis number you're referring to. If it's the contact for your own mental health team (assuming you have one) they might send someone out to see you.

If, however, you're referring to a general 24/7 crisis line, e.g. Samaritans if you're in the UK, they'll just give you the opportunity to talk about your problems to a trained, anonymous volunteer. And you would remain anonymous too. Many people find this can help at particularly dark times. If you're in the UK, the menta health charities MIND and SANE also run crisis lines, though I don't think these are available 24/7. You can look up the numbers for any of these organisations on-line. If you're not in the UK, I'm sure you'll find that virtually every country in the western world runs crisis lines these days.

Please don't give up. You've already taken the first step by posting on a forum like this one.

• Posted

my mental health team in my local area to get the support i need. i dont know what they do im scared! im scared that i will do some thing stupid but i feel lost alone and cant go on!

some time the people you leave behind arent enough i ve told my partener my perblems and think i shuld get help but its a bit hard for him to understand as. he been supportive tried to cheer me up. 

i feel like every thing has failed i just doont care any more. my life health and houose is a mess as i dont have energy or see any way forward! i dont thinl life is worth it

• Posted

Steff, you need to contact your mental health team. That's what they're there for. It's impossible to say exactly what they'll do as their response will be tailored to the individual. But you clearly need some kind of urgent help. In any case, you shouldn't be afraid that they'll shut you away in a psychiatric hospital for the rest of your life or anything like that, as there aren't enough long-term beds in the UK even for very serious cases who pose a risk to the public. (And I'm assuming you are in the UK.)

You really need to contact them asap to get the help you need in your current crisis.

• Posted

I feel like this in the winter almost every year. I find the Samaritans quite useful when you are feeling completely alone and lost. Their number is (0845) 790 9090. I've tried other helplines but they are definitely the best. You can just talk about stuff and they don't judge you. You don't need to feel ashamed of needing the help either. That's what they're there for! I know it feels really embarrassing when you first try and ring them, but believe me its worth it.

Good luck.

• Posted

You sound very frazzled and scared. Great idea to call the crisis number thats what it is there for. You can call your doctor(gp) and tell him the truth on how you are felling. If you have a close relative available and can reach out do so. Do not think past right now, they are very accustomed to dealing with people in a crisis. A hospital or instituion is only to stabilize you no one and no system has enough money or space to keep anyone very long. God bless and hope you feel better soon. 
  • Posted

phoned GP who given me diazpram 5mg to take 2-3 per night. hes said not sleeping makes every thing worst. but now took i feel worst like a downer. i feel even more tired weak foggy and down than before. siad to phone if better wants to see me on wednesday but i still wanna go out1

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.