MENTALLY TIRED

Posted , 6 users are following.

For months I've been dealing with my heart fluttering is so annoying it really takes a toll on my life. After bout 2 months I went to the hospital and the put me on antetol and it work for couple days then fluttering came Back and I went back to the hospital the did a ecg and say premature heartbeats and I was put on meterpol (spelling might be off) it went away couple says but the fluttering is back I mean I'll have have a good day or two but them other days drives me crazy.I got a appointment with the cardiologist December 15 I have to do a echo test and Holter test before that day. But now the fluttering is like hurting I get so sick when I'm going through it. It starts right above my heart then I could feel my heart fluttering like out my body some days it's like in my throat but it's kinda hurts now so after the fluttering I'm stuck with chest pains and constant bleeching. Like what are others goin through I'm just scared I'm gonna die from this. I'm 25 Years old female.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Edited

Hello, my name is Anna and I am a 28 year old female. I have gone (and am currently) going through the same journey as you are. First off, I want to assure you that you have come to the right place to seek support and experiences which others very similar to you are going through. I found this site by mistake, and it was like a miracle. Here are people feeling and thinking the EXACT same things as me, and finally someone understood. I too suffer from a fluttery, flippy heart. I have irregular rhythm at times, or my heart all the sudden feels like drops, skips beats, double beats, flutters and does god knows what. At times when this is happening it makes me cough and grab my chest. (Coughing helps when you're feeling these flutters) it kind of resets the rythm, in my experience.

Last winter it got so bad that I could not sleep or focus on my job. I decided to have a number of tests done including an EKG, holter monitor, and echo and a full blood panel. ALL CAME BACK COMPLETELY NORMAL. I was sure I was dying. They took a good look at everything and assured me that my heart is structurally normal, and I just have an oversensitive heart, where I experience irregularities, and flutters, premature beats etc, but this will NOT kill me. If there was something very serious with your heart you would know it.

By you getting these tests done is a good idea. The echo will tell the doctors if something is actually wrong. From the sounds of it, you are going to be just fine and live a normal and healthy life. Now a year later I barely notice my heart when it's doing silly things. I just let it be, and tell myself it's all ok. If you are fainting, or feeling numb in your left arm or are dizzy and confused then get that looked into more, but if not, I'm almost sure you're just fine!

As for your pain, it might not be your actual heart. Lots of nerves and things that could trick you into feeling like it's the heart itself. As far as the medicine you're taking, I have heard it could potentially make symptoms worse. I bet you, after you get your holter and echo test done, and all results come back fine: you will not want to take the medication any longer.

I hope this helps ease your mind a bit. Remember our bodies are amazing things, every cell in your body wants to live and thrive. Maybe you are having some anxiety as well, which is making this worse. I suggest getting your answers from all the tests and then go from there smile

• Posted

Hi apparently lots of people suffer from this.it's an extra heart beat,it's not meant to be harmful.I have suffered for a year now with this,it's not nice to have some days are better than others, Don't be scared.I got told the jump in your heart is when the heart is correcting the rhythm of your heart, they say treatment.yoga meditation, even can be if your anaemia,or your hormones, they say going on the pill. Or exercise. These things they say can improve it .hope that's helpful.

• Posted

Dear Islandgyal I really feel sorry you are having this problem. I have had it for thirty years with it being very problematic and then some periods with it being OK on different medications. Its troublesome at present and so I have tried different diet restrictions. Sometimes this helps. Dairy especially and perhaps wheat. There is something called gastric cardiac syndrome I have just discovered and will research with my GP's help. Hope this helps you.

• Posted

Hello Islandgyal,

Sorry to Hear about your symptoms i am facing the same problem from last 4 years its hard to deal with it------3 years back i have lot of ecgs and echo which come back nomral but i feel my heart escape beat and lot of fear when ever some one die from heart attack i can not explain it to u the fear i have my breathe top suddenly i was thinking i am going to die bcoz my heart stop beating----long story short now als oi face the same problem----3 weeks ago i go to cardiologist where he run for 2 ecgs one is normal  the other show small pause of heart where the cardiologist say to me for holter ecg of 24 hours i have been monitor with it for 24 hours and the result was 99% doc say some time you have palpittation or pause but its not like that that u need treatment he mention that i am not alone lot of people have this i say to him i feel scared every time he tell me go to pschytrist any ways i tell him that wanna do echo i am waiting for echo now which has been on 28 of this month------i have lot of burping heart burn problem and i strongly believe that it will be cause because of it but my cardiologist didnot think well i know my self better then doc i have anxiety no doubt but when ever i burp i feel heavy in my left side chest if there is no burps there is no heaviness------few days back we have routine company check up my ecg show tachycardia so sad but result of my ecg is border line oops it make me scared i run to wards my gp clinic he run for me another ecg which was norml i mean how is it possible such a ------ i am mentally sick now every time think about it every day belching bloating now bcoz of alot of thinking i feel dizzy---i have  complete cblood urine check up waiting for the result nd waiting for the echo after that i will decide what should i do more? i am 30 year male 

• Posted

Dear haider43332

Have you thought of approaching your heart irregularities from the gastric side of things. That is what you are eating (make a note of it each day) and see if you can identify specific fooods which are troublesome to your gut. That in turn seems to effect the heart rhythm. Its worth trying ad my cardiologist said many of his patients with irregular heartbeats have gut problems too as in had and burps etc. Hope this can help.

• Posted

annie thanks for the reply i have a gall bladder surgery in 2010----since from then i have on and off problem but from 2012 dec i am facing it on daily basis----i have bloating belching and ibs problem i have done endoscopy and colonscopy before blood work to no thing show any thing abnormal-------my cardiologist didnot think like that on the day he do for the ecg which caught one pause i am burping in ecg i try to tell him but he didnot listen to me he say discuss it with ur gp-------if i don,t have belching problem i feel fine but when ever i have brups i feel un comfortable like my heart stop beating---------if i eat spicy on that if i am going to sleep then i feel my heart stop beating its to scary to be very honest some time i jump from my bed bcoz its to terrible--------today i eat little bit spicy now i feel not well dizzy burps and un comfortable in chest----------my gp mention that i have acid reflux problem but waiting for my echo if it show no problem i will go to my gp and  discuss with him bcoz ppi is not working trying to do a check up for acid if there is acid i will for surgery i am tired i feel gassy ibs problem don,t know what to do ------------1 and half year i have complete blood check up which was normal no waiting again for blood result and the doc give me 28  of this month for echo so far u know if you are following the test waiting to long will make it more worse--------------what ever i eat now i have problem got tired i have lot of stress in my life alot work personal life every thing i  am under lot of stress which trigger my aicd so badly try to figure it out but i can not  let see what the test result is after that take decission what should i do more---------------if normal i will go to my g  take all the result and try to do test for acid and as well as i need i think pschytrist for the fear of death fear of facing the problem alot and alot-----
    • Posted

sorry for spelling mistake i tpe it fast from my cell phone sorry haaa
    • Posted

You need to get rid of the stress in your life,that can cause so many problems. You need to find happiness. Most of your symptoms will prob go. Sounds like your having a very hard time.
    • Posted

Thanks sharon for reply i have hard time with nothing to be very  honest i have a job i have a family new born daughter , as you can say well settled though some issue but its not to big but my anxiety will show it like a mountain ------my biggest problem is the palpitation which make me worried ------all day i think of it what will be happened next(((((( the big reason i think is that  i have a gf she get married in 2007 which completely broke me))))till when she is in my life i am the happiest person but since from 2007 when she get married i face lot of health issues ,2 time jauidence ,once my sgpt goes to high to much high,2010 Gall bladder surgery since then this problem--------------some time i think if she is in my life may be i am fine not like that--------------........well that call life now the big problem of me is anxiety which cause lot of problem to me trying to sort it out hope i can do it soon 
    • Posted

haider, 

did they put you on prevacid or something for your abdominal distress. Find out what is bothering you that you are eating. If it is spicy food stop eating that. By process of elimination you should be able to find out. You do not need anyone to be happy - you have to let it go if that girl got married then it was not meant to be. I know myself if my stomach is in distress and gets bloated it presses on my diaphragm and that in turn presses on my heart- it make me have a harder time breathing and  i get heart palpitations. Then i get nervous and think more about my heart and breathing and it gets worse, There is a very deep connectiobn betweeb mind and body and between all the systems in our body- some times it is a chain reaction when one thing is off it snowballs, Try to do some relaxation and take some time for yourself to just chill and think positive. 

• Posted

geez they are making you wait so long for the tests- i had my tests right away.

are you on a blood thinner. i was diagnosed with afib in july and they put me right on blood thinner and the same beta blocker as you- i went out of afib in a couple weeks, but lately i have been getting the fluttering again, i go for a cadiac catheterization tomorrow because my stress test showed some possible issues but the dr thinks it could be false positive so i pray the test goes smooth and shows nothing. But remember anxiety can cause that too- i noticed if my stomach gets bloated it must press on my heart and i get flutters. You should make them see you earlier and have the tests earlier. The waiting alone can cause that fluttering. good luck and keep us posted!

• Posted

I'm so glad to hear from you guys. Like December is so far away and sometimes I feel like I won't make it because of the fluttering and chest pain

• Posted

trust me you are not alone! it is a terrible feeling but the more i talk to people the more i hear people that have these issues. Some times they are benign and some times they are electrical issues with the heart- i am sure your doctor did not think it was anything that needed to be rushed or he would have did the test earlier. don't drink a lot of caffein abd try to stay busy some times the more you dwell on your beating heart it seems to happen more. Try to chill. How old are you? are you healthy otherwise?

• Posted

I'm 25 I'm very much over weight but after I started losing weight the problema started that I stop. Do you guys ever get LIke this heavy feeling over your heart it comes and goes

• Posted

i get that heavy feeling a lot in my chest. Sometimes like i cannot take a good breath also. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.