Merina Coil for menopause

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi -I am 49 and have been on femseven patches for a few months( sequi  caused really bad migraines so changed to conti which helped with headaches but have heavy period regularly every 2 weeks!) both have helped hugely with flushes/ night sweats .

have been recommended medina coil plus patch which should stop bleeding & headaches-just wondered if anyone else have used this method? 

Also, any side affects to having coil fitted & is the actual fitting painful?

many thanks

Emma

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you had a hysterectomy as I get bad hot flushes and wonder if patches were any good as I've tried pills and gel but they make me bloated so I stooped

• Posted

Hi Emma,

I am having the media coil fitted this week due to being a complete emotional wreck amongst all the other symptoms. My understanding is it can take 3 to 6 months to see a change which is a worry to me because I have been excluded from work (great for my anxiety-NOT) until they feel I am 'stable'.

Sorry I am rambling... no one to talk to for 6 weeks does that!!

Upshot is I would be happy to share my progress 😂

• Posted

Hi Emma, I'm 52, had mirena fitted last December and use 2 pumps estriole daily.

mirena was advised by the gynae at the hospital as I'd had a slight bleed a year after no periods. Plus it often a better tolerated way of providing the progestogen part of HRT.

im not going to lie, I did find the insertion procedure uncomfortable, but not unbearable. I had a full ache for a few days following, and spotting off and on for about 6 weeks, but it does settle down, and now, I don't even know I've got it. Combined with the oestrogel, I actually feel I'm getting me back!

anxiety was one of the most disabling symptoms for me, and I am a good 90% better now. I still have odd episodes of overthinking and emotional days, but mostly so much better.

hope all goes well, and stick with it! Don't expect an instant cure for everything x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.