Merinere's disease

Posted , 8 users are following.

Does anybody know if merinere's can effect you everyday? Mine has been crazy for a week now everyday when will it let up?

1 like, 45 replies

45 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Unfortunately Meniere's is going to have some effect on you to a greater or lesser degree every day. Once you get on an effective medication it will settle down but you will still have good days and bad days. I have had MD for more than two years and although a lot of the symptoms have abated I still deal every day with the feeling of fullness, frequent headaches, hearing sensitivity and really bad balance. That is much better than it was though. The vertigo is reduced to what I call side slips and I haven't had a drop attack in a long time. The frequency of the migraine headaches have dropped to almost nothing also, for which I am grateful. Things do get alot better and with vestibular retraining or some sort of therapy you can help to compensate for most of the balance issues. Hang in there and don't give up.

• Posted

Yes it's the new stage you are in. It happened to me this year as well. You will have to make some adjustments. Are you on any meds?

• Posted

Not taking any right now been trying to tuff it out I hate taking meds canot take dexamethason that is a devil drug lol they gave me dyzide but worried about those cause my blood pressure runs around 105/65 on the lower side. I just don't know what to do! I feel like my life is over I been dealing with this for 3 years

• Posted

A week is too long for an episode.  Is this your first episode?

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

No not my first I have been dealing with it for 3 years but the ringing off balance and dizziness this week has been crazy and I get really weak spells and I just feel like poop! Been trying to stay close to the house in fear of going anywhere it's really taking a toll on me. And I get shaky a lot also. I'm not taking any meds right now I been trying to tuff it out but I don't know how much more I can take of this it's coming up the holidays I don't want to stay cooped up at home. Any suggestions would be great?

• Posted

Episodes usually do not last longer than 6 hours, but over time there appear left overs inbetween episodes, which can progress.

Intratympanic steroids may be indicated in your case.  Ask your ENT doctor about this.

• Posted

Thanks for the info. I had the injection about 2 years ago might of helped a little hate to do it again cause it took me awhile to get over that. It's hard to figure out if it's the ear or anxiety some time. What meds would you suggest now for fast relive?

• Posted

Very temporarily, dimenhydrinate (sea-sickness medication).

• Posted

Pill, like what they give you on a ship cruise with bad weather.

• Posted

I did the all natural approach. Herb Horsetail and Ginko Leaf. It's really helping. Make sure your on a good multi vitamin and some d3 to boost your immune in the winter months. Get rest. Lay off salt and caffine. Hope that helps. It's helping me.

• Posted

Afraid to say yes is the answer. Mine went on for 2 months before any release then a few days ok before it started again. I was given Bethastimine 16mg and didn't feel any better till I was upped to 32mg 3 x daily. Actually having a fullness ear day today after 3 weeks of nothing. Good luck hope it passes soon.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply! This mess is taking a toll on my body and life big time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.