Messed up. What should I do? Too much x-ray?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have heavy chest pain, headache, coughing blood, body pain, abdominal pain, pooping blood, and insomnia.  I have 6 x-rays within 6 months but doctors can not find anything wrong with me.  I am going to a stool sample tomorrow and more blood tests.  What medical condition do I have?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi,

Not sure what happened with the other posting but I can't believe they have not done a colonoscopy and endoscopy.   To many x-rays?  No, 6 x-rays is nothing. Headache, Insomnia and chest pain could be anxiety due to your real health conditions and not knowing. Have you seen a GI for this?

• Posted

The other post is stil there, the doctor have not ordered a colonscopy and endoscopy.  They do not want to do colonscopy and endoscopy yet because they say it is too soon to do it.  I asked them to order me a stool sample.  I have no idea why x-rays have not figured out anything yet.  I have bad headache, chest pain, insomnia, and so on.  What other tests I can do?  Bronchoscopy?  The reason I said Bronschoscopy is because I tried to provide my sputum sample for culture but the samples that I sent in keep saying they are contamniated.  It takes too much of my time to try to provide sample over and over again.  Any other opinions?
  • Posted

To soon and you are coughing blood, pooping blood with abdominal pain?  I had so far 4 endoscopies and 2 colonoscopies and al I had was pressure on my belly.  X-ray will not help them ad is a waste of your time and even your health.  It I was yu, I will not ask them, but tell htem I want it done ASAP.
    • Posted

I told them but the doctor in my area can not just give out tests.  I am in Canada.  They have offered a stool culture and stool sample.  The x-rays were for the chest.  I think I might have a viral or bacterial infection somewhere.
    • Posted

OK, I see the problem.  Here in the USA they need a medical reason as well but I know is not that easy in Canada.  Chest pain can be anxiety but they have to eliminate any cardio condition first.  I have chest pain as well but I have been cleared by my Cardio and Pulmo becuase the x-ray showed COPD, but the chest CT and the Pulmo test showed no COPD. Then a Heart CT showed my heart is 100% healthy.   Now I'm going to see my ENT to have a test done which will show if my reflux is getting stock and creating this chest and vocal problems I have.  But If I let them they will just conclude is Anxiety which I have also been cleared by my Phychiastrist is not anxiety the main reason.
    • Posted

My echocardiogram is fine and x-ray showed nothing.  But I have constant chest pain, headache, and recently I cough up blood and poop out blood.  That is why they want to check stool sample and culture.  I want to get my digistive system check out too. The reason I said Bronschoscopy is because I tried to provide my sputum sample for culture but the samples that I sent in keep saying they are contamniated.  It takes too much of my time to try to provide sample over and over again. So I might have to do Bronschoscopy.
    • Posted

Never had one of those but I believe is similar to an Endoscopy but they use the nose to check all the way to your lungs.  Humm, maybe I should request one for myself.  Now, my ENT is going to do a laryngoscopy which is by the mouth and they look on the back of your throat, including your voice box, behind your ribs and lungs.  Once that is clear and they find the reason and the cure (if they do) then my Phychiatrist is going to take me out of the only medication I'm still taking.   But when this first started 2 1/2 years ago they had me on 9 medications thinking it was my heart, COPD or Asthma. Sure, I do have a mild Sinus, reflux and gastritis.  Sometimes you feel like a Guinea Pig because is all a testing and guessing game. ;-)
    • Posted

Wow it happend to you for 2.5 years already? Oh man.  Yeah I want to to the Bronschoscopy by mouth.  I think they can.
    • Posted

Yes, my main problem was chest pain so they started with the heart, then 2 x-rays showed hyperinflated lungs so they said it was COPD, then after passing the COPD test with a pulmonologist and a hest CT my GI and Pulmo had an up and down disagreement but they ended up saying it was Asthma. Together with all that they said I had high Cholesterol and HBP so I was on 9 medications.  Nothing a little better eating did not fix. So now I'm down to one which is for anxiety but my Phychistrist said the only reason he has me on medication is because they have not resolved the real chest/vocal problem I have.  At one time they said it was my mild gastritis and they ended up taking out my Galbladder which did not help but so far no problem as well.  They took it out and it was like nothing for. ;-)  I really hope they have an answer for you, not knowing is what makes this so hard to handle. Sure, after 2 1/2 years is not that urgent anymore fo me because I came to peace with myself and God.   Let me know how it goes
  • Posted

If your really coughing blood then goto A&E and refuse to leave until they find why. I'm surprised they haven't found why, coughing with blood can only be so many things and they generally will check for them very quickly.
  • Posted

I am sorry you are going through this. Do you have Acid Reflux that can make the chest hurt and if its hurting your esophagus that may be the reason for the blood. 

You should go see a GI doctor because something does not sound right to me 

• Posted

I am having a stool culture done today.  I will follow up more with my burping and chest pains, and headache.
    • Posted

Yeah stool culture is sent in.  I will go frome here.
    • Posted

Stool culture is in, I will go from here.
    • Posted

Great, hopefully they will have some answers for you. confused

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.