Metotexate

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello. Does anyone here take metotraxte? Does it help you with the symptoms of sjogren, including nouropaty?

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry I don't take that more than likely someone will help you xx

• Posted

No, but I would like to know more about it. Can;t take gabapentin or lyrica.
  • Posted

Hi Lia,

?Do you mean Methotrexate?  If so, yes I was on it for a year.  It was also for my RA, which it did NOT slow the progression of my RA, and it caused my hair to fall out, and made me feel very ill in general.  Even skin lesions on my body.  It is a very toxic medication, but it does work for some, just didn't work for me.  I went off of it, and it took about 4 months, and my hair started to grow back with help of a good shampoo, and the skin lesions went away, although left my skin with dark marks where the lesions were.  BUT, I do feel much better now.  I also have nuropathy in both lower legs and feet, due to Sjogren's, and really nothing helps that at all.  I use a cane, for other reasons, but it helps when I can't feel where my feet are, or I am stepping. I am always off balance.  My only suggestion is to keep moving.  Lord help us if we stop moving!  I wish you luck!

• Posted

I take methotrexate and I take it for something else but I will tell you that it hasn't helped one iota.

• Posted

It has not helped with the neyropaty or also with the other symptoms of sjogren?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.