metronidazole amoxycillin and lansoprazole

Posted , 2 users are following.

just finished taking this triple course of treatment for h/pylori after the first attempt failed. five days after i've spent 2 nights in hospital with the most horrendous side effects, the medics appeared baffled after givng me xrays, scans on my abdomen and various blood and urine tests, they finally conceded after my input that it might be the side effects of my medication thus still insisting metronidazole was a highly regarded form of treatment, i declined to agree. they regard it enough to send me for an ultra sound on my liver and kidney for signs of damage. NEVER AGAIN !

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What were your side effects as I am taking the same medication as you were and I feel dreadful.
  • Posted

There horrible like sad l feel yak sad mouth and stomach dont feel right at all was meant to take 3 x 400 a day and noway can l do it makes me so weak dizzy and tired doing 2 a day but now horrendous heartburn and l have no energy today havnt taken one since yesterday!!
  • Posted

Yes I am just finishing my 5th day of 3 x 500mg per day for treating the Giardia parasite. The side effects have been far worse than giardia ever was. I am supposed to take for 10 days total to address potential amoebic parasites as well, but there is no way. The way this drug works is likely (seems they dont know for sure) by damaging DNA in anaerobic cells. Mostly thats bacteria and parasites, but also sometimes muscles and immune cells. There hasn't been evidence linking it to increased cancer risk yet, but I have to wonder. This is not a pleasant drug.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.