Microcurrent therapy for osteomyelitis and nerve pain due to surgeries

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has any one tried Microcurrent therapies for pain associated with osteomyelitis/nerve pain due to the infection destroying tissues or nerve damage from debridements?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have not tried that. I would like to know what that is. I had osteomyelitis in my left tibia from knee to ankle many operations. I belive I have something g called C.R.P. S. Maybe look it up. Most doctors do not diagnose that. They do not understand the amount of pain you can have from all the nerve damage. I have found zero relief . I'm 60 years old and the pain gets very bad at night especially. Could you tell me what the micro thing is you're talking about.
    • Posted

My friend has been getting these treatments on her leg after multiple surgeries on her knee and thigh. She is healing really fast with minimal to no pain and physical therapy is progressing rapidly.

I've had multiple surgeries on my jawbone for osteomyelitis and still gl have severe nerve pain. I'm going to try this therapy soon. Here's what I found on the Internet:

The frequencies appear to change a variety of conditions and tissues and change pain and function in a large number of clinical conditions. FSM is especially effective at treating nerve and muscle pain, inflammation and scar tissue. There is a kind of fibromyalgia associated with spine trauma that is particularly painful and difficult to treat even with narcotics. There is one frequency combination, and only one frequency combination, that has been observed to eliminate pain in patients with this condition.

• Posted

Hi,

Just emailed you directly from another discussion. Regarding MC therapy, yes I hav tried for pain from active osteomyelitis and it helped, but only a little for short term. Of course everyone is different, so it may help others more. Also my pain was all infection related, may help nerve related more. I also read it can inhibit bone regeneration at certain frequencies.

Its not cost effective either (insurance doesn't cover since its alternative). I paid out of pocket. Few yrs ago I was trying many alternative treatments to avoid taking pain meds for the obvious reasons, but overtime the pain became too much, I could no longer sleep or function. So it became a necessary evil.

Jamie

• Posted

Hi Jamie!

Thank you so much for your reply. It's very helpful to get some feedback from someone who has actually tried the microcurrent on osteomyelitis. I still haven't tried it. I don't think I will due to the cost and the possibility of it interfering with bone regeneration. I'm still on the pain roller coaster. This has been a hard week so far. I tried not eating grains or sugar for three weeks and I was feeling good (not sure if that's just a placebo effect) but Valentine's Day came and I fell off the wagon. I've been having lots of pain since. But it could just be coincidence. I'm also trying to train for a half marathon and it seems like sometimes the running bothers my jaw. Right now it feels like there's a hard ball over my bone where the muscle is on the lower middle jaw. It's really painful to the touch. Not sure if it's inflammed muscle, the infection, or both. I hate not knowing. The doctor seems to be at a loss for answers. It's been a nine year battle with the same doctors. I've had pain for over 16 years now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.