Microscopic hematuria and cystoscopy

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had microscopic hematuria for a year now almost at the beginning of the year I had tonsillitis and went to the hospital cause of the pain and fever not knowing then I had tonsillitis so they took my blood and urine and sent back out to waiting area well 2 hours passed still wasn't called back so my fiance took to an urgent care instead and was treated there well a couple months went by and I seen a obgyn for an ultrasound I had that showed some cysts and she said I had endometriosis and put me on birth control but when she took my urine she found microscopic blood and I told her I had seen it before to at my other doctor she referred to a urologist and when I went there they told me earlier that year when I went to the hospital and left that they found 46 red blood cells in my urine and they found a moderate amount that day so they wanted to refer me another urologist to get a cystoscopy done to check for bladder cancer and also order a ct with iv contrast to look at my abdomen and pelvic so the appointment for ct was 2 weeks from then and the cysto was a month away I freaked out really bad about it and automatically thought I had bladder cancer my blood pressure shot up I got myself so upset I threw up and couldn't eat for a week all I could think was bad things. I got the CT done and all they found was an abnormal mass growing in fat tissue and it appeared to be abdominal wall endometriosis but that would be taken up by the obgyn on Jan. 12 but bladder kidneys all that appeared normal now fast forward and a month later I was getting my cysto done I was so nervous and scared what they would find the procedure was done in a urologist office I wasn't given anything to put me to sleep they gave me 1 antibiotic to take before the procedure so I wouldn't get an infection and they used lidocaine gel to numb me and it didn't hurt when they put the camera in just alot of pressure and the doctor literally took 2 minutes looking and said everything looks normal and now will fill your bladder up to make sure your filling up properly and urinating properly...... for over a month I put myself through alot for something that turned out to be nothing I thought today somebody might need to read this and know that blood found in urine not seen by the naked eye isn't always cancer sometimes it's just nothing and urologist said no need to come back unless I have other issues the blood wasn't harmful. God bless everyone let me know if you have any more questions

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm very glad for you that you didn't join my elite club. I know the feeling you had. I had a call telling me I had an abnormal ultra sound. I knew then I was in trouble. 2 weeks till a CT scan which showed the tumor. 3 more weeks till I had it removed. The 'not knowing" is crazy bad

• Posted

Yes it is I'm still a little nervous about going to gyno this month but not nearly as bad as I was before I'm giving it to God and I'm praying for everyone who goes through this

• Posted

Omg, it's like I posted this. The only difference is I have gross and microscopic hematuria. But, I'm terrified it's cancer. As soon as I heard cancer was a possibility I went into panic mode. My cystoscopy is scheduled for tomorrow and I just *know* they are going to find cancer, because that how anxious I am. I am tearful all the time. I'm sick to my stomach. I've lost 5 lbs because I won't eat because I am anxious. This post gives me some hope. Everyone around me is saying I'm young, I don't smoke, it's not cancer! And it's p*ssing me off because it could be cancer! I'm so glad I found this post though. Just knowing someone out there had the fear like me and it turned out ok.

• Posted

hi brittany, do you still have the microhematuria now? I've had it nearly 2 years and finally being reffered to urology. wouldn't of known about it if it wasn't for those dipsticks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.