migraine?

Posted , 3 users are following.

during my early years and throughout my teens i suffered with severe migraine. i grew out of it and during my 20s 30s and 40s had maybe 20 in total. now since january they have started again. but i do not get a severe headache. i get the horizontal line of flashing lights which lasts maybe 20ish minutes sometimes longer. i was told last week i have type 2 diabetes and know it can damage eyesight. are these two related? help....i have has the flashing lights today and yesterday

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

There is a possibility of the diabetes causing eye problems for sure, however, I think making an eye apt & let them know what you are experiencing & they will be able to determine. (My Niece is type 1, since she has been 4, & has had problems with her eyes at times, but managing blood sugar is key.) ~ Hope you feel better!

• Posted

Hi Jenny, I was told that some people just suffer from the migraine aura and not the headache pain. It sounds to me like that's what your suffering from. A friend of mine suffered the same way.

• Posted

They might be together. What i did for mine was lay in a fetal possition with my head almost tucked in between my knees. I would sometimes end up passing out a bit from the pain but they went away. I think you should talk to your primary doctor thier are new medications now that might help, not big on taking pills but sometimes you just gotta bite the big one and take a pill, try not to over do it on OTC pills i did for a tooth ache & almost shut dwn my pancreas...GL

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.