Migraine sufferer and paranoid

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I have suffered with migraines for 10 years. After a CT scan 9 years ago, i was diagnosed with common migraine without aura.

I have since lived with migraines, mostly right sided. They started moving to the left about a year ago so now they jus move fr side to side but mostly right. Started getting face ache at times which the doc said was down to anxiety. And that migraines moving side to side was normal.

Had a blood test at end of last year to check general health which was fine and doctor checked my eyes with that light too...

But i had a friend message today. She had been having headaches, that got severe over a few months, which progressed to blurred vision and headrushes. She went to see an optician who sent her hospital and last nite had a tumor removed!

This has scared me a lot...

I mean, how would someone with my history know if it was worse than migraines???

Obce doctors diagnose the migraine, tjey dont exactly send for regular testing...

Its really worried me... am i being paranoid..?

Could people with migraines develop tumors years later. .?

I have got really paranoid now which is making me get pain in my head rolleyes

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I think an MRI scan would answer if there was more than migraine going on. Maybe try to get one? Neurologist?

All the best....it's hard. Hang in there.

• Posted

I think so too...but doctors are so tentative to send patients to neurologists once they have been... i get the eye roll like im exaggerating...

Thinkin to visit a migraine clinic and just go thru my symptoms in detail..

• Posted

Don't panic. You will not get a tumour as a direct result of migraines.

The fact that you have migraine without aura means you are safe even from stroke.

Perhaps speak with your GP who will talk that through with you. If you get eyes rolled then change your GP as that's not helpful or professional.

Migraines are awful, painful and frightening but not a precursor to brain tumours.

• Posted

Hi Faye,

Thanks for yor message... i think my anxiety has really kicked in today and triggered a load of symptoms.

I feel a bit at ease after reading your msg and think i might have a chat with tye migraine clinic as they give a detailed examination too.

• Posted

Hi,

yes try to stay calm, as Faye has said migraines are not the first thing that happens before a brain tumour.  Nag your Dr to refer you for that MRI as this will set your mind at complete rest.  Yes its natural you will be worried and I guess before any of us had an MRI we didnt feel happy until the scan came back clear.

Do keep in touch to let us know how you get on, but try to keep calm as worrying will only make your migraines worse too.

Good luck and take care

• Posted

Thankyou for your message, im going to organise a visit as i think i need to discuss medical anxiety that creeps up every few months..

I feel a bit better after hearing from you all,

Thank you smile

• Posted

you're welcome!  Dont forget we really want to know how you get on and if you need to NAG those drs, dont let them fob you off, this only add to your anxiety as you dont think they care.  Remember also, you and your health and life are just as important as the drs, and you deserve a good life as much as them.

Take care

• Posted

You are right, thank you for your kind words. I shall keep you updated smile

Take care

• Posted

You knew if something else was wrong just by listening to your body. Best thing to do is keep a pain diary and try not to worry. Show the doctor your diary every time you go. They will notice if there is anything wrong that way as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.