Migraines

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello ladies, here I go again.......ive always had migraines but since the menopause they are different, ( post total hysterectomy ) . I always used to get them on the right side of my head and they were just terrible lasting three or four days but these days they are on the left side and after the last phase of the migraine I get horrible almost painful tingling in the left side of my face that radiates into my nose, it goes away after a day or so but leaves me absoloutley shattered. I used to take sumatriptan but they don't have the same effect anymore. Does anyone else get anything like this ? X

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lou, I'm a migraine sufferer as well. Always took a migraine either before or at the end of my period. I used to take my naratriptan - naramig, they were a god send and couldn't have coped without them

But now the migraines have changed, they are severe causing nausea and vomiting, tingling in my face, hands, feet, dizziness and the naramig now makes me feel ill

I used to be able to go to work with a migraine knowing when I took my Triptan that within a couple of hours the pain would be gone, now I can't do anything just have to wait it out

I really can empathise with you Lou but my best advice is things will get better once all of the hormones eventually settle down, it's a nightmare I know but it's temporary you'll get through it, try and not stress about symptoms and sensations

Sending you a big hug

Brenda xx

• Posted

Thank you for reply Brenda and gosh how absoloutley awful for you, I really feel for you I know how hideous migraines are. I was starting to really freak out with these new symptoms but realise now that things do change during the meno and I have to learn to try and accept things are like they are for now and Hope things will improve in the future. I'm sorry for your suffering and knowing your symptoms are similar to mine I feel reassured . Thank you and big hugs back to you xx
    • Posted

Hi Brenda,   have you ever tried Feverfew Tincture for you migraines? It was the only thing that worked for me and it is natural.
    • Posted

No I've heard of feverfew maxinecarla but never tried it, always stuck with the Triptan but I'll maybe look into this and give it a try

Thanks

Brenda xx

• Posted

You can buy it online as I belive they don't sell the tincture in shops anymore. x
  • Posted

Hi Lou,  have you ever tried Feverfew Tincture for you migraines? It was the only thing that worked for me and it is natural.

They don't sell the tincture in shops but you can get it online.  Good luck with it xx

• Posted

Hi Maxinecarla, thank you for that helpful info and I will definatley look it up. Sorry you are a sufferer too. X
  • Posted

I started having migraines after an auto accident.  Did the sumatriptan and thought my heart was going to stop.  Then, after a surgery and in recovery, I had an intense migraine.  The doc gave me 2 aspirin, 2 Tylenol and a coke. After 20 minutes, it was gone!  Now, I use Exedrin and drink extra caffeine, lie down with a cool rag on my head and this totally works 95% of the time.  No side effects at all but once in a while I will get a less painful migraine tHe next day so I repeat the Exedrin and coke and then it is gone.  The weather really sets mine off.  Did you know that if there is lightening 20 miles away, it can trigger migraines in many people?!  I get migraines on both sides but mostly on the right and often it affects my vision and the painful tingling in my face.  What can I say...they suck, especially when you get them often, as I do.  The other side of that coin is, if you take something (either meds or Exedrin) more than 3 times in a week, you can end up with rebound migraines (or any type of headache...). So, be careful with the remedies, no matter what it is. 😎
    • Posted

Hi there and thank you for your reply. Yes I am always cautious with regards ' natural remedies  ' ive been there and done that and some things interact with others. I htink we get immune to the Triptans and after a while they stop working, I used to Inject myself in the leg and the cure was almost instant apart from the palpatiations that go along with it - the oral Triptans take their time to work so it's catching it at the right moment or they do no good. Yes they do say caffine helps so I will look into what works for you also. My migraines have changed though, same head pain but opposite side with the numb face and tingling that goes into the nose and ear aswell, yes ive had the rebound heads aswell from the Triptans - can come back with a vengeance just when you think it's over. Also I agree with you about the weather,if it's muggy and heavy that definatly can start a migraine , also stress is a major major factor and that's one thing im afraid we all have ! Are you in the UK ? Glad things are working for you right now and thanks for your help x
    • Posted

I am in the US, Texas, in fact.  I have lots if auto immune issues, a pulmonary embolism and lots of chronic pain from a bad accident 37 years ago.  I do have to take certain meds, including an AD, I rarely leave my house but I have lots of animals that make me get up to feed and take care of them.  Any non pharmaceutical I don't have to use is good with me (if it works, of course!).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.