Migraines and chronic daily headaches

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been dealing with migraines/headaches for 18 years, I have had a lot of struggling finding relief as I have a chronic headache every day all day for the past 13 years. The headaches can be a 2 to 6 on a pain scale and usually I have taken over the counter meds like excedrin to manage the pain.

Recently I found a prevention medicine for my migraines that works pretty well 1 every 2 months however my daily headaches persist. I stopped taking the over the counter meds to see if they were caused by that but no such luck and now I'm starting to get stronger migraines again.

My doctor just prescribed me a Amitriptyline on top of my prevention med and wanted to see if anyone has experienced this combination and or advice for my situation?

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, have you ever had a CT scan to rule out a problem with your sphenoid sinus cavity?

I've taken Amitriptyline, I believe it worked to reduce my headaches and I still take it now. Initially I had a few side affects. It made me have vivid dreams that made me twitch in bed, I also felt quite tired but these symptoms wore off and I was okay.

Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you for responding! have had Ct scans and MRIs galore, honestly I lost count on the number of them. I just show the typical signs of a person with migraines (white spots) everything else is normal which is great.
    • Posted

I don't know how to private message you from here, but I would like to be added to your email group if possible.

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.