Migraines and FS?? Need Your Help Please

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All,

(Hi Debbie! Hope you are well. Saw your note yesterday but was too out of it to respond.)

Ok, has anyone developed migraines with FS?  After my cortisone shot fiasco a few weeks ago, I have been having awful headaches. I have never  had migraines before, and had one yesterday.  Called the doc and she wanted me to go to ER, but I frankly could not drive and no one was home. Finally just fell asleep (somehow). I feel so off today. Will call doc in a bit, but wow, really do we need to add more to FS? At least it took the focus off the pain in my shoulder and arm! LOL

I have never had a headache that bad in my life.  Maybe it was something from the Kelalog 40 they injected in my joint, I did have an allergic reaction to the iodine or something and ended up in ER same day as the injection a few weeks ago. Is this a normal thing the, the nasty headaches.. that rest of you have experienced?

Mind you, I have no curve in my neck right now (doc said due to the severe pain I am in) and the headache  yesterday was from my shoulder, up my neck to the back of my head. 

Thanks all for any thoughts. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

i do suffer migraines i also havec arthritis in my neck my migraines are triggered from my neck however i think and is believed that my neck and nature of my work has caused my FS. But its certainly not pleasant condition they could be coukd be related in that i found i got quite stressed and upset with my shoulder which is a cause for migraines
    • Posted

Sorry to hear you have those nasty migraines Karen. Yuck. Never had one before.

True, I am stressed.. Good point Karen.

• Posted

it is stressful i found it very much so especially when people look at you like their is nothing wrong most days i cried until s.ething happened at work in fron of my team and reduced to uncontrollable tears of pain, thats when things changed at work, going back to headaches migraines i had a headache for 3 days not quite migraine level. my pain isnt as bad but have had 2 cortisones and hydrodilation im having surgery on wednesday morning as its still not right althkugh better than what it was, bcause yiu have movement at waist level everyone just assumes you are ok.

i was chatting to a girl at work she was telling me about her shoukder sounds like she has the start we are immigration abd customs spebdjng days heavy lifting swiping passports working at chest level over stretching it aggravated mine something terrible reduced me to tears x

• Posted

Two things. I get Migraines from Tramadol. A lot of people do. I never had one before or after stopping g the Tramadol. The second question will sound strange but if you are using any artificial sugars, especially Truvia which is primarily Erythritol, please stop. That junk can cause neck and shoulder spasms.  If your neck is straight you are having muscle spasms.  Hope you can look into that.  
    • Posted

Thank you very much.

Boy, I agree about the artificial sweeteners.

Thanks to everyone that replied. Was and still am a little freaked out. I appreciate all of your thoughts very much.

• Posted

Why did they delete rae16's post??? I didn't have time to read it! !!!!
  • Posted

Hi Jenn,

I started getting migraine about 8 years ago after a back injury. Used to have go to the ER for medications to stop them.

Stopped about three years ago . Then when my first shoulder started , oh boy.... they came back bad.

The only thing I have found that works for me is a neck shoulder shaped heating pad that yes I use WHILE I have ice packs on my shoulder - lol

And a prescription that is a combo muscle relaxer ,caffeine,aspirin.

Hope you find some relief .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.