Migraines Everyday Now!!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I don't know what to do anymore. I know I'm being annoying with all of these posts. I just can't take having these severe headaches/migraines everyday. It's been going on for a week now, and I don't know what to do. Ibuprofen doesn't help anymore, either. I can barely walk around, or think straight. When the attacks come on, I only remember 70% of each of those days, most of the time.

For those of you, who don't know what these migraines I have, consist of, here goes. They come with auras and blurry vision, along with the typical pounding on one side of my head (rarely, on both sides, but it happens). I also, get nauseous and throw up, when they come on, but only half the time. I get ringing in my ears, as well. Especially right before I get the attack. Sometimes, it can happen all day, the day before.

They're so bad, that once they come on, I can't sleep if I'm up past the first minor auras and ringing in one of my ears. I've tried hot baths, warm showers, drinking more water. I've obviously, been taking Ibuprofen. It only illeviates some of the pain. I take 600-800 mg's, and it only helps a little bit, for no more than an hour now.

Any advice? OR anyone going through what I'm going through?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi kayla1865

I feel your pain. This has been happening to me for four weeks nows. I had a real bad migraine that required a visit from the paramedics as my anxiety go the better of me due to the pain and I ended on having intravenous pain relief. So since then I have had headaches every day and two more minor migraines since! I have done some research and its seems the headaches could be cluster headaches. I have never suffered with these before. My migraines are usually hormonal and they usually last just three days.

I am due to see neurology in May. To be honest that appointment can't come quick enough! In the meantime the doctors has told me to take upto 300 mg of sumatriptan a day! I can't do this I wouldn't be able to function!

I hope you find something to get you through it's important to know you are not on your own! Try ice packs if you have tried the heat therapy. I find cold is better for me.

Take care

• Posted

Thank you, so much. I've got anxiety, pretty bad. I used to get headaches every single day, several times a day. I was lucky if I only had one a day, and it was a miracle if I had none. I used to smoke weed, but I had to stop, because of my anxiety. Weed helped with my headaches, tremendously, and with my mood swings (bipolar).
  • Posted

Hi Kayla

​I am so sorry to hear how you are at the moment.  Like you, I have been suffering similar symptoms since July on a daily basis.  Having tried various medications and as I have other health problems, I have now been granted botox on the NHS.  My first round will be next Wednesday and then the next one, 12 weeks after that.  I am hoping that it will give me relief and enable me to return to my job.  I am not sure if you are seeing a neurologist but if not, I suggest you go back to your doctors and ask for a referral.  I don't think people realise how migraines affect people's lives - it puts everything on hold.  I know words will not take away the pain, but at least people on this forum do know what you are going through.

​Take care

• Posted

No one in my family takes me seriously. And yeah, I'm trying to get another job right now. I'm 18-years old. I've had headache problems since I was 13. I'll definitely try to see a neurologist. Thanks. smile
  • Posted

Hi Kayla

have you tried Rizatriptan ODT.  I take it as soon as I feel a migraine come on.........and if possible I lay down and try to sleep for a bit and most times migraine does not come.  Ask your doctor about it.  I use to take Excedrine Migraine before the Rizatriptan.  If I didn't catch the migraine on time with the Rizatriptan then I take a nausea medication then take another Rizatriptan in time follow doctors orders.  You can only take two in a 24 hour day. Anyway that is what helps me to stay out of the ER and helps me to try to have normal life.  I also have Chronic Urticaria😕.

Hope this helps.......Migraines are horrible...we just have to learn how our body works with the right medication.....and timing.

Wendy

• Posted

I meant I Used to take Excedrine Migraine before I found out about the Rizatriptan.......did not want you to think I took the two together.....that would not be good!

sorry if I confused anyone.

Wendy

• Posted

It's all good. I got what you meant. I'm going to see a neurologist. Thanks. smile
  • Posted

Hi, Kayla. Sooo sorry to hear you're going thru this. Migraine is a debilitating illness to deal with but there are things that are within your control to manage so I thought I'd share some things that worked for me. 

We need to address body, mind, and spirit. Throwing ibuprofen at it will only cause rebound headaches. You need to break the cycle. 

I believe in the natural approach which I've shared in detail on this site. Get your hormones checked. Progesterone gets low when we are under stress. How are your periods? Stress throws everything off. Add magnesium to your diet but get an absorbable form. Cut out alcohol, sugar, and any food triggers like red wine, chocolate, diary, etc. Take a yoga or meditation class to learn how to relax. We hold a lot of tension in our bodies. Try a good counselor for talk therapy to get support and learn how to manage the anxiety. Anxiety is a part of life but we have to learn what it is trying to tell us. You deserve a better quality of life and you can have it by making some changes. Don't give up. Take action. Also sleep is vital - at least 8 hrs so the body can restore and heal itself. Get rid of negative thought patterns and read some uplifting material. I recommend "The Power of Faith" by Ariel Paz. You can get it on Amazon. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

• Posted

Hi Patricia

thank you.....this is very good advice......the natural way is the best way to heal our  bodies.  I suffer from both sinus, eye, then head type migraines which as mentioned I take Rixatriptan ODT for that....and I'm on slow taper of prednisone and cyclosporine due to severe Chronic Urticaria.....my immune system....I'm sure is in a bad way due to chronic STRESS and anxiety so all your suggestions are wonderful.  I remember my doctor mentioning low progesterone at one point...ill ask for a re check.  My migraines also seem to come on with barometer changes and never know what to take to relieve the pressure.....probably Sudafed.  I need to try Yoga but not sure it will help my constant stress...I'm 64.  

Not happy on having to be on so many medications!

Thank you so much for sharing!

Blessings,

Wendy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.