Migraines starting after 1 year whiplash, Common?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Was rear ended at a stop by two vehicles in 11/15. I suffer RSD in left leg and foot from auto accident 2 yrs ago. My pain management dr has been treating my neck pain this whole year and no relief.

Now migraines have started causing swelling in my neck, they always start in left eye all the way back and are so severe I've been in ER several times. They are starting to cause flares in my RSD leg. Is this common to happen after so long of whiplash pain? Why would they be causing swelling of my neck? All ct scans and blood work normal. Do I need to find a dr that specializes in migraines?

Help!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes you could look for a Neurologist who deals with migrains but you can also look up verticle hetrophoria. It is an eye condition that people sometimes get after a car accident
  • Posted

Absolutely! I hope you have a neurologist that specializes in headaches. Good luck and God bless.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.