migraines to vestibular problems

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can you have migraines for years, that later cause the vestibular/vertigo/dizziness symptoms?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have been told that yes you can. I have been light headed for 6 yrs and been to every doctor. Finally I was told I have a vestibular migraine. They are trying botox for it but I think I will need some kind of meds for it.
  • Posted

Hi Betsy...MAV migraines associated with dizziness is a migraine and they treat it as a migraine.  Remember you don't have to have any headach with this type of migraine. Have you gone for any testing???  Please be reaal careful with the meds they give you.  read up on them  

• Posted

I do have daily migraines. Now my vestibular system seems to be affected. I do take meds, only way to cope, but probably addicted or experiencing rebound. Vicious cycle. But the effects of my vestibular system being off seems classic. Although I've ready worse. Dizziness in head, especially when making a lot of head and eye movements and foggy brain. I've started vestibular therapy, but I wonder if it will help my migraines.

• Posted

Try readin the book that rocksolid had suggested.  I got it on amazon
    • Posted

The exercises may make your migraines worse as the brain has to work harder to compensate. Don't overdo them. Try a few see how you feel then build up over time. Dizziness is common with eye movement since your vestibular system is not working well. This leads to anxiety and depression a vicious circle to all of us that suffer from it. Migraines can cause brain zaps,tingling,when you least expect it. I found naproxen helped my migraines but try not to take if you feel a better day.. natural things like ginger or ginkgo and vitamin d will help heal the inflammation so cut down on process and sugars. It's not an overnight cure the body takes time to heal. One of the exercises I do is to spin left then right 6 times focusing on an objected held in front of me as I turn..this helps stabilise your vision should you feel the room spinning or get unsteady...

• Posted

I'm already taking D3 everyday, and have cut out sugar, carbs, and grains. I keep hearing about ginkgo, that's one supplement I haven't tried. But I am way beyond naproxen, if only that helped. I'm taking triptans and Fiorinal for pain and yes probably addicted now to enjoy life. I keep trying. But then the vestibular issues started in combination. It's hard to even get s real diagnosis. Thanks for your suggestions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.