Mild burning & aching Right Side?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am on triple therapy for H Pylori. (Prevacid/Flagyl/Biaxin)  I have not been diagnosed with any ulcers or even gastritis yet, but wondering why would my right side hurt?  My thinking is that if the stomach is on the left wouldnt that hurt?   Ive had a gallbladder,liver,spleen,kidney scan - all normal.   I have an upcoming appointment with a GI doctor but in the meantime trying to find some answers?

I have no nausea or vomiting, just burning and pain under right rib intermittently brought on my certain foods or lack of food?  Also get burning in throat from time to time.    

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Leahn

Well actually the stomach is tilted. And the bottom of the stomach - where it enters the Duodenum is to the right of the spinal chord.

I have seen many forms of triple eradication therapy but I have never before seen Metranidazole (Flagyl) and Clarythromycin (Biaxin) used together. Normally it is one or the other plus Amoxycillin (Penicillin based). And there are very good reasons for the standard therapy.

The good thing is that you are about to see a Gastroenterologist and probably have an Endoscopy. Though it's a pity you didn't see the Consultant before starting treatment.

• Posted

PS  I should have added that the third part of normal therapy is your Prevacid - another of your trade names - lanzoprazole. - a PPI - Proton Pump Inhibitor - Acid reducer.
  • Posted

Just done a bit of research. Apparently the clarythromycin - metranidazole combination has been used when there has been previous hyper sensitivity to Penicillin (Amoxicillin)
  • Posted

I have same syptoms but did get to the dr gets did you get any answers to what it could be ?
    • Posted

Sorry I meant I didn't get to the dr yet have you gotten any answers on what it is going on???'

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.